What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today? - Page 145 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 766Likes

AO Member

County: Vila Real
Garage
Gibs, being collecting a few scrapes too, dont know what people do at parkings or what they're thinking about when parking.
Anyway, Just came back home after a 1000kms or so trip around northern Portugal and Galicia. No worries, no stresses whatsoever, it just feels wonderous on the road on and above the 70-80 mph range, and I kind of perceive that's the type of use this car was made for. Gave me a 45 mpg figure, making it possible to refuel only at the end of the trip. Also, Spanish/galician roads are a treat compared to what whe have around here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
Brera got a good in & out clean today, along with the Panda. Both looking great now
AO Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDM

Yesterday, hard-wired my GPS into the spare cigar lighter circuit in the centre console. An interesting learning experience pulling various bits of interior trim out to trace the wiring I needed. All went back together OK, and only one odd screw left at the end of the job!
Then overnight a low flying bird pooped all over it, so had to give it a wash today.
Also learned a few new voice commands for the Blue & Me media player.
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMsport View Post
So don't they clean it off before waxoyling then ? Strange not to squirt it into all the voids though , surely that's the unseen danger area. The frames on mine I've rubbed off any rust then used BILTHAMBER 80 on it to hold it until a full job can be done.
Not sure tbh. I was waiting in the reception area catching up on 2013 motoring news

I could hear the spraying going on but couldn't tell what prep was being done, and it wasn't explained to me. But i didn't ask specifically so that's prob my bad.
Agree about not squirting it into the voids tho, strange decision.

The subframe could do with a bit of a clean up to remove the surface rust around the undertray mountings and repainted with the appropriate treatment - if only i had my own lift....
AO Member

County: Kent
Had Powerflex bushes fitted last Friday to compliment the new shocks. Rides beautiful. Now got a misfire on start up on 5 & 6 cylinders. Clears when warmed up. So new coil packs and plugs later this week.
AO Member

County: Greater London
Quote:
Originally Posted by freelunch View Post
Friday, I had a garage put my summer tyres/wheels on, swapping corners. I replaced Nokian WR D3 225/50 on 17" rims with Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2 235/45 on 18" rims. I am surprised how much heavier the steering is.
I washed the bird strikes off the Brera today, then I found out why the steering was so much heavier: the front tyres were 36 psi. I normally run the fronts at 39 psi, but swapped them with the backs when I rotated the tyres. I haven't driven it yet, but I'm sure it will make a difference.
AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage
Had a spirited text discussion with the guy who obviously damaged my car. He'd parked directly in front of my car so I spotted it straight off. so left a nice polite note asking him to contact me.

He had a scratch on the front corner of his car, his car colour matched the paint scratched on my car, his scratch has silver in it.
The scratch was at exactly the same height as the scratch on mine
The scratch was the same height as the scratch on mine (7cm), and major marks matched in intensity and position.
It was in the right position for it to have caused the damage if pulling out and nicking the corner.

Needless to say he completely denied it saying that is was several years old. He then sent me a picture trying to prove it, he'd cleaned the local area removing some of the superficial damage (that would have come off in a car wash if it was old damage).

Any spelling/ grammatical errors are purely there to annoy!

159 1.9JTDM Ti and Giulietta 2.0 Veloce
ex: Punto 55s, Golf Mk5 1.4FSi, A3 (8P) Sportback 2.0TDi SE, A4 (B8) 2.0TDI S-Line, 306 HDI Meridian
AO Member

County: Tyne & Wear
Garage
Final touch ups to my Spider today in respect to paintwork and car came back from paintshop mint!

Just my 159 TI seat repair and leather replacement arm rest to be fitted on Monday next week and thats both cars complete!
Jchan11hk likes this.
AO Member

County: -
Garage

Member car:

Brera 3.2 JTS Q4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheToon View Post
Sounds idyllic, enjoy the ride mate!
Just a couple of pic if you like ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6991.jpg (136.5 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7012.jpg (145.4 KB, 33 views)
AO Member

County: Gloucestershire

Member car:

Brera 2.2 SV "S"

Took my Brera to Protyre in Warwick yesterday for the Peter Cambridge magic. It drives so much better now but most pleasingly the guys worked hard to get it there as 90% of the nuts were all seized!

Including the limit on my rear toe because of (probably) something bending out of alignment when my car got rear ended by the previous owner, I've now got a bespoke set up that's the best it can be on my motor. I can guarantee I wouldn't have got that much service for a 4 wheel alignment elsewhere so it's worth every penny.

One happy customer.
Squadrone Rosso and alcooker like this.
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiraal View Post
Mint mate!

Would love one of these, but having just bought a 159 TI and a spider my missus would cut my ****** off!

Saving to get married now, fun time over!

Last edited by TheToon; 03-06-15 at 09:05.

County: Nottinghamshire
Garage
Had the clutch and flywheel changed earlier this week, and just fitted the chrome exhaust tip - looks the business now!
AO Silver Member

County: Somerset

Member car:

147 1.6 Lusso

Bonnet up and insulation off ( nice that the clips squeeze together and come out easily), then plastic panels off and washer jets off. Soaked for an hour in white vinegar, cleaned out and back on. New wipers fitted too, Bosch Aerotwin Flats. Be aware the aerotwins have a new multi arm adaptor now and it is twice the size of the OEM blade gubbins!

Last edited by lovelyred159; 02-06-15 at 09:24.
AO Member

County: Lancashire

Member car:

159 2.4JTDm

Got some chrome cleaner on the exhaust tips and swapped my rubbish side lights with much brighter ones!
AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
Quote:
Great pics, your car looks good on the 10-spokes.
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
Took my Brera to the Pistonheads South West Wales run out
AO Member

County: Rutland

Member car:

Alfa159 2.4

Cleaned all the sap off the car from parking under a tree at Hendon RAF museum in the rain on Friday & fitted a stubby ariel for a change.

Quote:
Looks good - how much clearance do you have between the tire and outer guard front and rear? Do you think you could fit a 15mm spacer without tires rubbing?

This info will help me with wheel choice, so thanks!
AO Member

County: Oxfordshire
Garage
Service.....

Took the JTDm in for a 73000 Mile service today. No notifications.
Service 99.00
Engine Flush 10.85
Oil Filter 14.40
WR 5-40 oil 32.95
Air Filter 18.66
Pollen Filter 29.44
Sundries 2.50
Screenwash 1.49
All up inc Vat 258.71 !!!!!
Fantastic result, gotta hand it to Parker Phillips in Oxford. A real 'find'.
AO Member

Garage

Member car:

Brera 3.2 JTS Q4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlysport View Post

This info will help me with wheel choice, so thanks!
Never checked and now I am in a business travel. I will tell you on Friday. Anyway I don't think you can mount any spacer on the 19/235.

A detail of the wheel if you need. Brake calipers must be renovated after 130.000 km
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6968.jpg (123.5 KB, 20 views)
AO Member

Garage
Decided to get my Carbonio Black bodywork on 159 TI factory polished with a three layer process by a local bodyshop that I have used before.

Some idiot who owned the vehicle before me was using Car washes!! Good news is that the scratches are not into the paintwork and only surface scratches so they will polish out. There was also paintwork on front OS bumper that had flaked off so having that section resprayed as well.

Will post pics of finished product next week!!
Club Member
Membro Premio

County: Cambridgeshire
Garage
Spent the day at Autolusso on saturday doing some much needed maintenance!!

We flushed 19 litres of Fuches Titran 4400 through the auto box to sort the problems with up-shift flares and sluggish changes. The fluid that came out was black and thin, almost water like and nothing like the fresh thick red stuff that went in!!

After that we replaced an upper and lower arm on the drivers side, but ran out of time to sort the wheel bearing, so will do that when I pick up my refurbushed rims from them!

The 18" horseshoes that are on at the minute have softened the ride no end!

We also spotted that my disks and pads were wafer thin so I ordered myself another set of MTEC disks and EBC Yellowstuff Pads. Thats a job for me rather than Autolusso as I can just about handle that kind of maintenance myself

Its a light wallet month for sure!

2008 159 TI 2.4 JTDM QTRONIC
My Car Details______http://www.jabawoki.com/2014/07/07/alfa-159-ti/
Project Halo Wiki____https://projects.jabawoki.com/index.php/Project_Halo_UK
Project Halo Page____https://www.facebook.com/ProjectHaloUK
AO Member

County: Cornwall
Failed its MOT on rear offside suspension spring (and shock absorber) 140...thankfully warranty has covered it again...I literally love my warranty, best thing I've ever spent!
Club Member
Membro Premio

County: Cambridgeshire
Garage
Had a wonderful conversation with a lovely old lady in Tescos car park this morning. She must have been in her late 70's and as I pulled up behind her in a space she walked over to say how much she loved the car. She went on to say that her parents had bought her a series 1 as a first car and that she got rid of it reluctantly when she had her first child. She said how much she loved the marque and would so love another so I told her about the latest spider and she seemed quite enthusiastic.

I have a feeling she will be back in an alfa soon!

once an alfisti, always an alfisti

...just thought I would share.

Last edited by JabawokJayUK; 04-06-15 at 09:34.
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabawokJayUK View Post
Had a wonderful conversation with a lovely old lady in Tescos car park this morning. She must have been in her late 70's and as I pulled up behind her in a space she walked over to say how much she loved the car. She went on to say that her parents had bought her a series 1 as a first car and that she got rid of it reluctantly when she had her first child. She said how much she loved the marque and would so love another so I told her about the latest spider and she seemed quite enthusiastic.

I have a feeling she will be back in an alfa soon!

once an alfisti, always an alfisti

...just thought I would share.
thats a nice touch! had something similar on Saturday at Halfords when picking up my Auto Glym stuff!

Now onto the serious stuff! When are you coming up to Newcastle to fit these Halo lights on my TI??
JabawokJayUK likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 or brera or spider , today