What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today? - Page 142 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 766Likes

AO Member

County: Cheshire

Member car:

Brera 2.2 JTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayn View Post
Still thinking of getting this done. Let me know how it feels. Where did you get it done?
Feels a lot better, no hesitation and just with commuting I'm noticing a difference in MPG as well!! Overall it was well worth the money!! I got it done via Advanced Tuning and the guy was from Altrincham and came to my work, took him about an hour.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Gloucestershire

Member car:

Brera 2.2 SV "S"

Took her into NJS for a new CV joint to stop the clunking on full lock and a new NSF upper wishbone cos of a knackered ball joint and knocking over bumps...already had the lower and OSF upper wishbones replaced in the last 6 months.

It runs a lot smoother ready for 2 new tyres and a Peter Cambridge alignment next payday but I wasn't charmed by the advisory for a gearbox noise and 1st gear mod!
AO Member

Weather now warm enough for painting. Onto the start of the basecoat (Alfa Rosso) for my TI sideskirts as part of my fake TI project. Couldn't find a local painter so having to DIY with rattlecans but I'm sure it will be fine with enough prep...

More paint just arrived today from St.Helens... hopefully should get to three coats of red this week then 2000 wet sand in a week or two and put 2K spray lacquer on to finish the job. Looks quite nice even with one coat at the moment, and without the lacquer, but I want it looking as good as a paint shop!
AO Member

County: Kent
Brera is back in the Garage today. Clonking/rattle still not found. I am replacing the front shocks and the upper and lower suspension arm bushes with powerflex bushes. General opinion is that it can't be anything else causing this noise.
AO Member

County: Western Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyB2801 View Post
Got her re-mapped. Haven't fully tested her out yet as I'm in work but will hopefully see the benefits when I leave for home!!
Oh" you will notice the difference, I am Positively wrapped with my re-map and you will be too.
AO Member

Member car:

Brera 2.2 JTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon159 View Post
Oh" you will notice the difference, I am Positively wrapped with my re-map and you will be too.
Difference is incredible!! On a run the other night going to football I would usually do about 28MPG and I was knocking on 35-36MPG!! Plus the car is a lot more responsive and enjoyable to drive!!
AO Member

County: Kent
Just picked up the car and the clonking has gone Have ordered powerflex bushes but they won't arrive until May so it is going back for these to be fitted. Whilst it was there had an ECU remap. Have not tried it out yet. Going to the Spring Alfa Day on Sunday so I will see how it goes then
AO Member

County: Hampshire

Member car:

159 ti 2.0JTDm

Had an aircon re-gas at Alfa Aid. Ooohh, nice and cold with a quiet compressor now! I think Paul cleaned the evaporator too because it no longer smells like a bag of old socks. Great Job!
AO Member

County: Warwickshire
New clutch and fly wheel
AO Member

Driven it.
Having commuted in the Rover all week, I rolled the Alfa out for today's 65 mile round trip. I had been wondering how come the 159 doesn't have a Sport mode on the auto box, like the Rover 75. But after a few miles of country A road I realised. Doh! It's in Sport mode anyway, and who needs a ''Dull' button?

Last edited by ChrisH77; 01-05-15 at 20:45.
AO Member

Not today but Friday, had the car remapped, amazing, so pleased, all that it should have been from the beginning.
AO Member

County: Vale of Glamorgan

Member car:

Brera S 2.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philjay50 View Post
Not today but Friday, had the car remapped, amazing, so pleased, all that it should have been from the beginning.
Still deciding where to get my 2,2 done. Who did your remap.

My main problem is being based in South Wales, day out and few hundred miles to most remappers.

Thanks
Club Member
Membro Premio

County: Cambridgeshire
Garage
Took a ride down to spring Alfa day. Bit cold but at least it didn't rain!! Saw a couple of you there
AO Member

Garage
She's just had her weekly tart up
AO Member

County: Greater London
Ran from south London to Whitby and back over the past few days. A combination of motorway and dodging tractors on single lane tracks in the North York Moors. Car ran great! Mind, I did more off-roading than I would have liked... 29.8 mpg over a full tank.

Jet wash tomorrow.
AO Member

County: South Australia
Our ti Sportwagon 2.4 JTDM is in the workshop at the moment after it boiled for no obvious reason on Friday when my wife was taking her dad out to lunch in the hills. The RAA patrolman and I couldn't find any leaks and the fans were working, so we decided to get it towed to the mechanic. The water appeared to be circulating, but when the gauge said it was at 90 degrees the water in the bottle and hoses didn't feel hot. I am thinking it might be a faulty thermostat. We will find out in due course I guess.

Current Alfas:
2004 GT 3.2 V6, Grigio Stromboli
2008 159 ti 2.4 JTDM Sportwagon, Grigio Stromboli
1989 75 3 litre V6, black
1988 75 3 litre, red, (son's car now)
2000 156 TS 2 litre, Cosmos Blue, (daughter's car)
AO Member

County: Western Australia
Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz3litre View Post
Our ti Sportwagon 2.4 JTDM is in the workshop at the moment after it boiled for no obvious reason on Friday when my wife was taking her dad out to lunch in the hills. The RAA patrolman and I couldn't find any leaks and the fans were working, so we decided to get it towed to the mechanic. The water appeared to be circulating, but when the gauge said it was at 90 degrees the water in the bottle and hoses didn't feel hot. I am thinking it might be a faulty thermostat. We will find out in due course I guess.
Mine did the same, warning signal came on, then into limp mode. Limped back to a sevo and cracked the water bottle and allowed the pressure to ease. Then topped her up, allowed her to cool and drove off as per normal, no problems since. Go figure
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

147 2.0TS

Almost at work this morning, noticed it was performing a re-gen. So - turning away from work, hopped onto a bit of dual carriageway for a 6 mile detour. Looking forward to the drive home now with the feeling of freshly regenerated DPF. Anticipating a grin already!!
147virgin likes this.
AO Member

County: South Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon159 View Post
Mine did the same, warning signal came on, then into limp mode. Limped back to a sevo and cracked the water bottle and allowed the pressure to ease. Then topped her up, allowed her to cool and drove off as per normal, no problems since. Go figure
It turned out to be a leaking bleeder valve on the heater on the firewall below the coolant bottle somewhere. My mechanic drilled and tapped it and fitted a replacement.
AO Member

County: Attica
Garage

Member car:

159 2.2 JTS

Changed the engine oil and oil filter plus a new battery since the previous one decided to give up.
AO Member

County: Rutland

Member car:

Alfa159 2.4

Fitted new rear springs, worst bit was compressing the springs enough to get them in and out.... I also found the other spring had broken...

Fitted the fk shocks I had too, they were the same length give or take a couple of mm, not binned the old ones yet though.
AO Member

County: Lancashire

Member car:

159 2.4JTDm

New EGR valve fitted and DPF forced regen and a clean.

Goes like an absolute beast
-
Can't wait to spend bank holiday cleaning the engine bay and all other bits and bobs! Will look awesome.
AO Silver Member

County: Hertfordshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by R159 View Post
Fitted new rear springs, worst bit was compressing the springs enough to get them in and out....
It's pretty scary how much you have to compress them ey? Did you need to push down on the rear arm/hub and kind of lever the top mount out? I compressed mine as much as I dared then had to use some Irwin spreaders, one end against upper wheel arch, the other pushing the hub down and then a piece of wood and crow bar to prise the top mount out. Never again!

Anyway, I re lacquered the callipers, cleaned the discs up and sprayed them silver, so should be rust free for about a year.

Last edited by alcooker; 12-09-15 at 18:55.

County: West Yorkshire
Fitted a new battery today

Following a complete flattening of the current battery ordered & fitted a new battery today: I had had some suspicions on old one, which was probably original in my 07 Spider. Having looked around but foolishly not checked here I have fitted an 096 Bosch S5008, being the highest rated of Bosch's recommended 3.
If it should be a 110 rather than an 096,. I wonder why Bosch (and anyone else you check) do not say so. But it is shorter battery than the Magnetti Marelli that I have taken out.
It's in now: I will see.
AO Member

County: Rutland

Member car:

Alfa159 2.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcooker View Post
It's pretty scary how much you have to compress them ey? Did you need to push down on the rear arm/hub and kind of lever the top mount out? I compressed mine as much as I dared then had to use some Irwin spreaders, one end against upper wheel arch, the other pushing the hub down and then a piece of wood and crow bar to prise the top mount out. Never again!

Anyway, I re lacquered the callipers, cleaned the discs up and sprayed them silver, so should be rust free for about a year.
Big bar and a lot of swearing, chopped the spring to get them out but getting them in.... What did you use on the discs?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 or brera or spider , today