What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today? - Page 141 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 766Likes

AO Gold Member

County: Durham
Give the leather and inside trim a good do.
Wash and wax next as soon as the sun has gone around the other side
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Buckinghamshire
Having fitted new front discs and EBC Yellow pads a while back , the rear discs and pads were still in the boxes . So needed tyres fitting anyway , got that done then drove another 3 miles to Paul/AFORALFA and he fitted the rear brakes in an hour. I was very impressed with the Yellows up front and now the rear's are the same --- brilliant stopping without being aggressive unless you stamp on them.
I put Sessantas up front over 15,000 miles ago and they're still 3mm's above the wear marker , so had them moved to the rear . Had Vorti's fitted up front , also Vredesteins but what a huge difference in grip and feel !!! Absolutely love them , so once the Sessantas at the rear give up it'll be Vorti's all round ----- at 120 a piece
AO Member

County: Croston Lancs
" Had Vorti's fitted up front , also Vredesteins but what a huge difference in grip and feel !!! Absolutely love them , so once the Sessantas at the rear give up it'll be Vorti's all round ----- at 120 a piece"

... Good to hear!! that's what's going on my fronts very soon
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
Brera passed 50k miles yesterday, an average of 5.8k miles since new in Sept 2006.

Treated her to post new tyres / steering rack end 4 wheel alignment, ensuring the previous "Cambridge" settings were restored. Driving lovely.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04...0424563e1a.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04...a318de9423.jpg
AO Member

County: Hampshire
Garage
Its not what Ive done but what Im about to do, its a bloody electrical reset again, thought I cured my problems when I cleaned the connection between negative and chassis ground some time ago.
AO Member

County: Essex
Today I've instructed my local indy garage to replace the nearside suspension arm, as it's failed it's MOT.

Also need two front tyres - any suggestions for a mid-range 18 inch tyre?
AO Silver Member

County: Buckinghamshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim 159 View Post
Today I've instructed my local indy garage to replace the nearside suspension arm, as it's failed it's MOT.

Also need two front tyres - any suggestions for a mid-range 18 inch tyre?
Like I've mentioned in my post above , VREDESTEIN ULTRAC VORTI's and mine were 245x40x19 at 120 each delivered --- online at TYRE LEADER . Then got them fitted at 33 the pair including swapping the fronts with the rears. Hugely grippy even as new which normally isn't the case --- bit slippy for 100 miles most new tyres.
AO Member

County: Essex
I'll look them up - Thanks Rob!
AO Member

County: Lincolnshire

Member car:

Alfa 159 LE

Cruised through the 100k barrier in style!
AO Member

Removed my front drivers door trim and found the annoying metallic rattle that had been there since I bought the car in September.

Looks like the original owner had some warranty work done in that area (plenty of evidence), the culprit was a bolt that hadn't been tightened up.....wonder why main dealers are given a wide berth!!!
AO Member

County: Berkshire

Member car:

Brera V6 Q4 SV

Had a little go at freshening up the engine cover, thought the black goes a bit better now that the wheels are black. I don't care that no one will see it!

Also finally got rid of the annoying lock/unlock beep. Took a few goes of turn around touch the floor, stand upside down, lick your elbow, but I got there in the end! Weird not having it now
147virgin likes this.
AO Member

County: East Riding of Yorkshire

Member car:

alfa 159

Took mine on a blast to the seaside with the intention of allowing the dpf to regenerate...sadly got stuck behind a series of OAPs out for a "nice drive" at 30 mph and just got annoyed. It was also bloody freezing on the front at Hornsea, still at least we took in a little sea air!
AO Member

County: Greater London
Heard my alarm today for the first time since buying the car 17 months ago.

I was in a loading bay and had the boot open to keep the wardens at bay. I locked the doors with the remote key. So, when my wife opened the passenger door, the alarm went off. Pressing the remote key again shut the alarm down.

Nice. I always wondered if it actually worked, but didn't know how to test it.
AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire

Member car:

159 & 156 S/W

Quote:
Originally Posted by gakfive View Post
Cruised through the 100k barrier in style!
Got that t-shirt about 4 months ago
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire
Garage
After getting my 159 3 weeks ago, I had arranged to take it back to where I got it (Veloces, Barnet) on Friday, mainly to:

1. get a small dent fixed that I found the minute I got it home, 3 weeks ago. It may have happened in their car park before I collected it, but they were cool about it and accepted that I hadn't done it!
The idea was that their 'dent man' - who's there most Fridays - would have a go at fixing it. It is/was on the driver-side rear wheel arch, between the wheel arch and the rear edge if the door. Bit of an awkward place but thankfully the paint hadn't been damaged.

2. check whether the cam belt & water pump had been replaced, as planned, before I collected the car 3 weeks ago

3. something that had developed and got worse since I first got the car, was a squeak coming from the N/S/R wheel, most likely brake-related. I asked them to look at this also.

4. oh and I also mentioned that I wasn't convinced they'd done the 'Lifeshine' treatment that i'd paid for, so they agreed to redo it. More details here... http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-d...-question.html (AutoGlym Lifeshine question) (post #11)

5. oh and another thing (this is how my 'to do' list evolved - it started with a couple of things then grew to 5 or 6 by the time i'd finished!).... I bought front & rear mud flaps last week so asked if they could fit them.

So this morning I went back to collect the car and see how much they'd managed to do from my list...

1. dent man had worked his magic and managed to de-dent the dent, He had to remove the wheel and wheel arch liner, drill a small hole on the inner skin to access the rear of the dent. Once fixed he fitted a grommet in the hole and refitted the liner, And the wheel of course
The repaired area looks ok on first inspection - i'll have a closer look next time i'm washing that area.

2. they had managed to miss replacing the cam belt & water pump first time round so they changed that yesterday. Mileage has just turned 40k so it's still well before the recommended 60k (I believe) for the TBi.

3. in the heat of the moment of collecting the car I forgot to ask whether the rear brake squeal/squeak had been fixed but I did notice a bit of the same noise on the drive home, but not as bad as it was. I'll ask them Monday whet they did/didn't do.

4. see this thread about the Lifeshine
Only time will tell whether it's a worthwhile addition

5. Mudflaps went on ok, tho they said it was a bit of a fiddle as they aren't made to fit with the Ti side-skirt-things. Looks like they've done a good job tho. Hopefully they'll stop some, or all of the stone chips down the sides and stop the rear bumper from getting too scabby behind the wheels.

So overall, happy to have the car back and relieved to have the cam belt etc done. Looking forward to seeing whether the Lifeshine and the mudflaps manage to keep the car looking nice for longer. But i'll still feel like washing it every week
AO Member

County: Berkshire

Member car:

Brera V6 Q4 SV

Would help if I added a picture of the engine cover!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150418_193100_1429437326353.jpg (76.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 20150418_193106_1429437379637.jpg (84.8 KB, 33 views)
AO Member

Garage
Gave her the treatment today, new plates, good wash and a Harley Wax, inside all sorted too, she's gleaming but I dare say it'll have a layer of dust by morning with this coastal wind.
AO Member

County: Cheshire

Member car:

Brera 2.2 JTS

Got her re-mapped. Haven't fully tested her out yet as I'm in work but will hopefully see the benefits when I leave for home!!
AO Member

County: Limerick

Member car:

Alfa 159

I get to put my new badge on. The one i have is completely faded so this should make a huge difference
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1429547566814_1429547586952.jpg (50.6 KB, 7 views)
AO Member

County: Vale of Glamorgan

Member car:

Brera S 2.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadrone Rosso View Post
Brera passed 50k miles yesterday, an average of 5.8k miles since new in Sept 2006.

Treated her to post new tyres / steering rack end 4 wheel alignment, ensuring the previous "Cambridge" settings were restored. Driving lovely.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04...0424563e1a.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04...a318de9423.jpg
Where did you get the geo done - near Swansea?
AO Member

County: Worcestershire
Garage
Cleaned my MAF sensor idles much better now and seems to pull a little more.
AO Member

County: Vale of Glamorgan

Member car:

Brera S 2.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyB2801 View Post
Got her re-mapped. Haven't fully tested her out yet as I'm in work but will hopefully see the benefits when I leave for home!!
Still thinking of getting this done. Let me know how it feels. Where did you get it done?
AO Silver Member

County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgcc1994 View Post
Would help if I added a picture of the engine cover!
While detailing the engine bay on Sunday I was thinking about doing this - same colour scheme
Cover looks good but without doing something to the inlet manifold, it makes the inlet look off!
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayn View Post
Where did you get the geo done - near Swansea?
No mate. Protyre in Warwick while I was up there. Harris Brothers have all the kit though but a bit ATGNI
AO Platinum Member

Brera washed & away, keeping the Spider company

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 or brera or spider , today