What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today? - Page 129 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 766Likes

County: Cornwall

Member car:

Alfa 159ti 2.0D

Much needed new bonnet badge

Today he got his new bonnet bade, so easy to fit and now I can look back with a smile knowing he looks just fine again, (apart from the stone chips and brake calipers that need attention), but hey I'd get bored soon without tinkering jobs to do!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanRemo78 View Post
I wish. Giveaway is that it's RHD (in this piccy ) but at least it's got a Busso motor

Guy
still looks cool

County: Cornwall

Member car:

Alfa 159ti 2.0D

New badge much needed

Today he got his new bonnet badge, so easy to fit and now I can look back with a smile knowing he looks just fine again, (apart from the stone chips and brake calipers that need attention), but hey I'd get bored soon without tinkering jobs to do!

Cam belt just around the corner though!

Last edited by sam_in_cornwall; 18-01-15 at 19:50.
AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage
Drove back from London, now with a company car don't do as many miles, but still love it at the weekends,

[color=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]
AO Member

County: Kent
passed its MOT with flying colours but have now got an annoying low speed plastic rattle from the under engine shield. Weather is b----y awful so I will have to put up with it until I can get underneath to fix it.
LukeyC

My 159 is back in the garage after the nearside front Brembo caliper is leaking fluid.

Ordered a replacement from Autolusso which should be with me by Monday. :-(

AO Member

County: Fife

Member car:

Brera sv 2.4

Got the Brera serviced and mot'd today,was apprehensive as it's the first mot since fitting the cored dpf but happy days it passed with a reading of 0.48 which is pretty good as i believe the limit for my 07 Brera is 3.0.I found one of my old mot smoke tests from my 156 jtd and it was 2.4,surprised it's substantially better as i didn't think that smoked to bad at all.
I have one of fixitsans dongles,the mot guy,who i know quite well as i've had all my cars mot'd and serviced there for years, asked me "what you got that in for,is it connected your phone"no i said and i can't tell you as you might fail it in the future,"i've passed it as there's nothing wrong with it so come on what's it for,why has it got a couple of switches on it"i explained what it does and he was amazed,he was under the impression that a remap was the only way to stop regens,"the guy that made it must be a f***ing genius,he could make a fortune selling that,what other makes does he make them for"only vauxhall and saab as their the same ecu's i tell him,"pity" he says as a taxi firm they do work for running skoda's are always having problems with clogged dpfs.
Chuffed as i really didn't want to be trying to fix anything in this weather,it's Baltic as they say.
Cheers
Shug
AO Member

County: Hampshire
Garage
Just changed the pollen filter. Easy enough job and done in 10 minutes, I'm hoping that's going to sort out the musty smell I get when heating is pumping.
An active carbon filter came out so that's the type I put back in, yeah ok so they are more expensive than the paper jobbies but like they say in the ads, she's worth it.
Club Member
Membro Medio

County: Lancashire

Member car:

BMW 116i Sport

New battery, Clay barred & waxed.
Now smooth
AO Member

County: Merseyside
Garage
Washed it and as a result discovered the undertray was hanging slightly below the front bumper on the drivers side. Last time it was off was for a service a month ago so theres a little job to do tomorrow.!
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

159sw

today, since i was gettin p0203 error, and safe mode, i cleaned the conector 3 of the injetcor, sealed it prety nice, i hoping it wont happen again.
AO Member

County: Derbyshire
Gave the MAF a good blast with electrical contact cleaner (starting to get a bit of a stutter again when accelerating).
Used the guide here on AO to try and fix the scuttle panel rattle... seems to have worked
AO Platinum Member

Took mine out for a blast with the Pistonheads South West Wales crew yesterday. 70 miles, 15.3mpg.

Much gloriously noisy fun was had
AO Member

County: Hampshire
Garage
Which one did you take ?
Any pics ?
AO Member

Got underneath to fix the rattle from the under tray. Re rivited the heat shield to the plastic and put it all back on and guess what. The rattle is still there. Can't find anything loose or make it do it when I'm not driving. Anybody got any ideas? It's driving me mad.
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddler4 View Post
Got underneath to fix the rattle from the under tray. Re rivited the heat shield to the plastic and put it all back on and guess what. The rattle is still there. Can't find anything loose or make it do it when I'm not driving. Anybody got any ideas? It's driving me mad.
Have you check the exhaust heat shield at the back of the engine. Drove me mad for a while, needed re welding

Mj
AO Member

County: Surrey
Just picked up my 159 SW 1750ti from its service carried out by BIANCO in Smallfield Surrey.
Had a full 30k service which included cam belt and water pump. I asked for a few bits and bobs to be done as well including New Brembo discs front and rear and new pads of course,cas the old discs were letting the side down. They removed the temperamental HID kit and replaced with bright white light bulbs for the mainbeam, dipped, side and fogs. I also had fitted a replacement scudetto which I had had sprayed black to match the bodywork. She's got a set of new platinum spark plugs and they've fixed an annoying rattle from the centre air vent. Add to that the four new tyres I added last week and I'm extremely pleased
How much?
Who cares!....my bella is performing beautifully and looks stunning...can't recommend BIANCO highly enough.
Will try and post some pics of the grille....
AO Platinum Member

Ordered 4 x Conti Sport 5 tyres (235/45/18 98Y XL) from Tyre Leader.

501 delivered (superb price) to the alloy wheel refurbers where all 4 wheels will be refinished in standard silver next week
AO Silver Member

County: Buckinghamshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadrone Rosso View Post
Ordered 4 x Conti Sport 5 tyres (235/45/18 98Y XL) from Tyre Leader.

501 delivered (superb price) to the alloy wheel refurbers where all 4 wheels will be refinished in standard silver next week
Wow , that's a stunning price , not heard of them before , I must have a browse . Don't need any yet but always good to know in advance
AO Platinum Member

They were recomended to me by supercar owners off Pistonheads South West Wales. You have to watch for older tyres but these will be clearly stated, eg, DOT4/11. Most are brand new / recent manufacture

Tyre Leader : cheap tyre online, buy car tyres, discount tyres
AO Member

Thanks for that. I will have a closer look but I didn't notice anything when the undertray was off.

County: -
Just fitted new headlamp bulbs after driver's side blew. Only 6 off the bay, and look really cool (they also sent 2 x side light bulbs for free as well!). Got to get top brake light working and one of the horns has stopped working? ? Sounds terrible
AO Member

County: Lancashire

Member car:

159 2.4JTDm

Only had 159 since Christmas, had it chipped a couple of weeks ago (runs awesome) but since then bought LEDs for exterior lights and replacment bulbs up front because the standard dipped were crap! (As they were on my old 156) and just couldnt face them any longer! Also just purchased some front kick plates and I think/hope they will look awesome.
AO Member

County: Lincolnshire

Member car:

GT 1.9jtd

my 159 is now black again , roads are so ****ty at the mo , had chance to give him a scrub today
AO Silver Member

County: North Lanarkshire
Garage
Washed, vacuumed, changed the front and rear wipers and hid the wiring for the dash cam into the head lining.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 or brera or spider , today