What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today? - Page 120 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 766Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Status: -
AO Member
 
oz3litre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Australia
County: South Australia
Posts: 112
Are those mileage figures from brim to brim measurements or just going by the computer? I always work mine out brim to brim because it is the only way to get an accurate figure. As an aside, the only thing I still measure in imperial these days is fuel economy. Everything else I have long been used to doing in metric because we went metric in Australia donkey's years ago. Litres per 100 kilometres makes no sense to me so I have to convert to MPG. I don't know why they choose to measure it that way. I want to know how far I can get on a certain quantity of fuel.

Current Alfas:
2004 GT 3.2 V6, Grigio Stromboli
2008 159 ti 2.4 JTDM Sportwagon, Grigio Stromboli
1989 75 3 litre V6, black
1988 75 3 litre, red, (son's car now)
2000 156 TS 2 litre, Cosmos Blue, (daughter's car)
oz3litre is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: turning heads everywhere
AO Silver Member
 
lussoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Preston
County: Lancashire
Posts: 4,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz3litre View Post
Are those mileage figures from brim to brim measurements or just going by the computer? I always work mine out brim to brim because it is the only way to get an accurate figure. As an aside, the only thing I still measure in imperial these days is fuel economy. Everything else I have long been used to doing in metric because we went metric in Australia donkey's years ago. Litres per 100 kilometres makes no sense to me so I have to convert to MPG. I don't know why they choose to measure it that way. I want to know how far I can get on a certain quantity of fuel.
Just off the computer for me.
I've no interest in knowing the precise mpg and never brimmed a tank in my life.
I see no point in carrying all the extra weight around when I don't do a big mileage .

Agree with you with the litre per kilometres thing, it makes no sense to me either, it's like a foreign language .
lussoman is offline  
Status: Driving in an Alfa wonderland
AO Member
 
SpiderSaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: South proper Southampton
County: Hampshire
Posts: 769
Garage
Swapped her for a Toyota Aygo shopping trolley courtesy car for what could be a week and a half.
What a piece of ****e, still itll be an even bigger pleasure getting my Spider back all prettied up again.
I turned a corner in this Aygo and slid off the seat and the wheels felt like they were buckling under me AND I was driving it like a nun.

So 'what have I done to my Alfa today'...left her in portsmouth, thats what.
Im so sorry but she will get a good clay and waxing to make up for it later.

Now wheres that Aygo forum ???

Driving in an Alfa wonderland
SpiderSaint is offline  
Status: Considering a ReMap
AO Silver Member
 
147virgin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: North Lanarkshire
Posts: 2,937
Images: 2
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderSaint View Post
......
What a piece of ****e, ......
I turned a corner in this Aygo and slid off the seat.....

Now wheres that Aygo forum ???
I'm sorry I shouldn't laugh, but that made me snort out loud
147virgin is offline  
Status: Driving in an Alfa wonderland
AO Member
 
SpiderSaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: South proper Southampton
County: Hampshire
Posts: 769
Garage
You'd snort louder if you ever tried driving one
SpiderSaint is offline  
Status: Empty wallet but happy
AO Member
 
devjnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Lancashire
Posts: 62
Shat my pants when my broken stuck glow plug finally came out on a cheeky gear shift........new plugs in now, all is good and the leathers come up a treat
devjnr is offline  
Status: Powerflex Mk4 - Non Squeak Edition
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
JabawokJayUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 3,381
Images: 31
Garage
Not me but the misses gave me 2 early xmas presents on the premise she could not be bothered to try and wrap them

http://dev.jabawoki.com/alfa-forum/1...97332850_n.jpg
http://dev.jabawoki.com/alfa-forum/1...79345811_n.jpg

You get the idea of size form this one

http://dev.jabawoki.com/alfa-forum/1...57403092_n.jpg

They are huge! That's my office walls sorted then
JabawokJayUK is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
alcooker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hitchin
County: Hertfordshire
Posts: 1,922
Garage
Always thought about getting some massive prints of my old Fulvia to put up in the garage. I got some good pressies for my Birthday today. Daughter- Air filter for the 159, Son- Oil filters for 159 and GT. Way more useful to me than socks.
alcooker is offline  
Status: Powerflex Mk4 - Non Squeak Edition
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
JabawokJayUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 3,381
Images: 31
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcooker View Post
Always thought about getting some massive prints of my old Fulvia to put up in the garage. I got some good pressies for my Birthday today. Daughter- Air filter for the 159, Son- Oil filters for 159 and GT. Way more useful to me than socks.
Quality gifts! Happy birthday Al!
JabawokJayUK is offline  
Status: Inspired
AO Gold Member
 
Verbout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Yorkshire
Posts: 9,152
Images: 11
Garage
What I have done to my 159 today is sell it yahoo.
Verbout is offline  
Status: turning heads everywhere
AO Silver Member
 
lussoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Preston
County: Lancashire
Posts: 4,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbout View Post
What I have done to my 159 today is sell it yahoo.
OMG, didn't know that was on the cards!
Which has replaced it - the Lexus or Seat?
lussoman is offline  
Status: Inspired
AO Gold Member
 
Verbout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Yorkshire
Posts: 9,152
Images: 11
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lussoman View Post
OMG, didn't know that was on the cards!
Which has replaced it - the Lexus or Seat?
Lexus, Seat is the wifes.

Just got fed up with the knocking and rattling from the suspension, sort one thing only to be greeted with another noise a week later.

Pick the new car up tomorrow, hope I don't get too much dust in my eye when I leave her.
Bruce100 likes this.
Verbout is offline  
Status: turning heads everywhere
AO Silver Member
 
lussoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Preston
County: Lancashire
Posts: 4,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbout View Post
Lexus, Seat is the wifes.

Just got fed up with the knocking and rattling from the suspension, sort one thing only to be greeted with another noise a week later.

Pick the new car up tomorrow, hope I don't get too much dust in my eye when I leave her.
Good choice, nice motor . I expect your fuel cost will double though.
I know what you mean with things never being quite right.
I've also been looking at alternatives, but struggling a bit tbh.
lussoman is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Bruce100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: hampshire
Posts: 263
Garage
Lexus? yuk.
I could only be tempted by a Maserati after owning Alfas the last 10+ years.
Couldn't bare the thought of owning a Bm Audi or any Jap car, the horror of seeing that on the drive in the morning.
Ill put up with any rattles as they come, no problem.
Bruce100 is offline  
Status: turning heads everywhere
AO Silver Member
 
lussoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Preston
County: Lancashire
Posts: 4,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce100 View Post
Lexus? yuk.
I could only be tempted by a Maserati after owning Alfas the last 10+ years.
Couldn't bare the thought of owning a Bm Audi or any Jap car, the horror of seeing that on the drive in the morning.
Ill put up with any rattles as they come, no problem.
You've a long, long wait before Ghibli derv prices drop to anywhere near current 159 values.
If only Alfa would get their act together and get the new models out .
And then a couple of years' depreciation after that before I get one, assuming they put a sporty model out.
lussoman is offline  
Status: Inspired
AO Gold Member
 
Verbout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Yorkshire
Posts: 9,152
Images: 11
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce100 View Post
Lexus? yuk.
I could only be tempted by a Maserati after owning Alfas the last 10+ years.
Couldn't bare the thought of owning a Bm Audi or any Jap car, the horror of seeing that on the drive in the morning.
Ill put up with any rattles as they come, no problem.
Good job were not all you, otherwise there would be no BMW, Audi or
Japanese car manufacturers to offer choice.
Verbout is offline  
Status: 5 niggles to go...
AO Member
 
Brera_Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: Gloucestershire
Posts: 328

Member car:

Brera 2.2 SV "S"

After 3 weeks I finally got round to going to halfrauds and getting a new interior lightbulb so I don't have to get in and out of my motor in the dark. Considering a LED/white light interior upgrade...can you get white light interior bulbs??
Brera_Matt is offline  
Status: 159 wagon arrived
AO Member
 
adeb38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: East Sussex
Posts: 300
New brakes and wheel bearings on the front off the sportwagon just one bearings was noisy but just as easy to do both while I had all the tools out. Also removed and blanked off the swirl flaps runs so much better there was almost 1mm off play in the shafts!!! . Definitely time to do it. Also washed and cleaned also used a air con cleaning disinfectant . tomorrow is polish and clean day
adeb38 is offline  
Status: Powerflex Mk4 - Non Squeak Edition
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
JabawokJayUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 3,381
Images: 31
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brera_Matt View Post
After 3 weeks I finally got round to going to halfrauds and getting a new interior lightbulb so I don't have to get in and out of my motor in the dark. Considering a LED/white light interior upgrade...can you get white light interior bulbs??
Yes:

Alfa 159 TI Full LED Conversion – Interior Guide | Jabablog
JabawokJayUK is offline  
Status: 159 Cruiser and Guilietta pocket rocket
AO Silver Member
 
giblets46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: Warwickshire
Posts: 4,237
Garage
Gave her a quick check before a week driving round the north of Ireland ( both sides of the border) and noticed water in the scuttle, the drain had become blocked, quickly pulled up the black plastic grill, a clean of the drain hole and good to go again!


[color=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]
giblets46 is offline  
Status: Missing our Spider
AO Member
 
Alf M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Nottinghamshire
Posts: 260
Fitted some Michelin stealth wiper blades. Much better than the PIAS pair I've had on for past year. PIAS screen wash is great though.
Alf M. is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: Rutland
Posts: 466

Member car:

Alfa159 2.4

Sorted out the wayward passenger side mirror using a special alignment device (broom) and got some new wipers. Also I picked up some Rain X spray glass cleaner so we'll see how that gets on..
R159 is offline  
Status: There. For the time being...
AO Member
 
freelunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater London
Posts: 338
Tried to swap my winter/summer tyres and wheels over today. Even drove to Halfords to buy an extendable wheel wrench figuring the Alfa-supplied tool would be useless. COULD NOT BUDGE the wheel bolts, which were last turned in March by a guy with an air wrench. Good thing I wasn't trying to change a flat. Drove to my local mechanic.

36 later, I have winter tyres on my Brera. (Wonder if it will snow in London this week?)
freelunch is offline  
Status: turning heads everywhere
AO Silver Member
 
lussoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Preston
County: Lancashire
Posts: 4,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by freelunch View Post
Tried to swap my winter/summer tyres and wheels over today. Even drove to Halfords to buy an extendable wheel wrench figuring the Alfa-supplied tool would be useless. COULD NOT BUDGE the wheel bolts, which were last turned in March by a guy with an air wrench. Good thing I wasn't trying to change a flat. Drove to my local mechanic.

36 later, I have winter tyres on my Brera. (Wonder if it will snow in London this week?)
Hope the guy used copper grease to prevent that happening again.
I had that problem years ago, but never again .

Why do you feel the need to have winter tyres on a fwd car in London?
A trip to the Alps coming up? Pack the snow-chains!
lussoman is offline  
Status: Breraless :(
AO Platinum Member
 
Squadrone Rosso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Neath Port Talbot
Posts: 29,906
Images: 45
Realised just how good the Brera is compared to our V6 GT.

After a few day in the GT, the Brera really is a significantly better car
Squadrone Rosso is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 or brera or spider , today

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome