Picked the wife up (daughter already in the front) and as she got into the back, she slammed the door, hard. It made a noise I didn't like, and I thought, hmmm that sounds expensive. The windows were down so immediately she started to complain about high velocity winds equivalent to a hurricane of some sort and wound up the window.
All seemed fine.....
After dropping her off I wound back down my windows and the one in the door she slammed made a noise like it was stripping plastic / metal and dropped way lower than it should. It wound back up ok, but that was that, no longer would it move
I stripped the door and had a look.....
Attachment 391513 Attachment 391521
And then I saw this:
Great.... the wires are so mangled they wont go back on the spool. So that's going to need a new mechanism then. FFS.
I have no spare time to do this job so its just going to have to go to the garage to have it sorted next week. I have literally tied off one of the cables to hold the window in place but its by no means a fix, just a temporary bodge.
**** Update ****
I found the regulator as a complete assembly on Alfaworkshop so ordered it on a next day. I will have to make time to do it I guess. £100 touch though