What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today? - Page 108 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 766Likes

Global Mod Team

County: Lancashire
Garage
New battery and front top bumper bolts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Cardiff

Member car:

Brera 2.4

After being without it for 3 weeks after my bump and then a holiday in Cornwall I finally got around to fitting the Alfa 166 V6 Brembos on to my 159.

Worked out at about 240 for the calipers, caliper seal kit, high temp caliper paint, new pads and a set of braided hoses with the fronts a bit longer.
AO Member

County: Norfolk

Member car:

147 GTA

Gave her eyes a little treat!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6969.jpg (128.1 KB, 68 views)
AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack21 View Post

Impressive, what did you use to get into all the corners?

[color=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]
Club Member
Membro Premio

County: Cambridgeshire
Garage
You can remove the black plastic but and the 3 x chrome covers without removing the bumper. 7 torx screw's each heat light
AO Member

County: Durham

Member car:

159 Ti 2.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack21 View Post
Smart as

Will be doing them on mine now I know you can remove them
AO Member

County: Buckinghamshire
Saw a lovely 58 plate 159 SW black with graphite Ti alloys on our marlow red kite bike ride this morning...they look mean with that colour combo.
AO Member

County: Norfolk

Member car:

147 GTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by giblets46 View Post
Impressive, what did you use to get into all the corners?

I'm afraid I just used, tar and grease remover + a toothbrush! And then a little polish and buff! Did the trick nicely though!!
AO Gold Member

County: West Yorkshire
Garage
Fit these projectors to my car doors...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2614222448...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Not usually a fan of nonsense gadgets for the car but saw these on this forum and fancied them.

Credit to the poster who advised fitting them into the courtesy light lens and the poster who brought them to my attention.

Did this two days ago and have still not looked at them at night when they would obviously be at their best.
AO Member

Member car:

159 2.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbout View Post
Fit these projectors to my car doors...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2614222448...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Not usually a fan of nonsense gadgets for the car but saw these on this forum and fancied them.

Credit to the poster who advised fitting them into the courtesy light lens and the poster who brought them to my attention.

Did this two days ago and have still not looked at them at night when they would obviously be at their best.
I can't find the original post your referring to, could you re-post it please? Looks like you have to cram a lot of wires in a very small space!
AO Gold Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFA A View Post
I can't find the original post your referring to, could you re-post it please? Looks like you have to cram a lot of wires in a very small space!
Which post?

The one that put it in the courtesy light?

It's not a small place...it all goes in the door card/panel, loads of room.
AO Gold Member

Garage
Logo projector light fit in courtesy lens.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...or-lights.html (Logo Projector Lights.........)

Credit to Twincamms.
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
Fitted the replacement passenger side sun visor. Bit of a faff as the connector plug fell to bits so had to improvise
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

147 2.0TS

Decided when I got home from work to 'quickly' change the air filter. Ha! First time I've needed to remove undertray, I got quite a surprise. Somehow it seemed to be held on with 3 bolts and magic as far as I can tell, needless to say bolts had never been greased and over time they have sheared one by one. Undertray is in a right state as well! Not too surprising 55 plate and over 175k on the clock, but I love her!

So no undertray on the car now, I'm not felling as lucky as the last mechanic that put it back. He must have had special powers. Time to start looking for parts, and the joy of drilling out the sheared bolts. Will have to wait a Couple of weeks as don't have time at the moment, so will complete the service over time.

Looking forward to shiny bolts!
AO Member

County: Hampshire
Garage
Been playing with the roof, damned thing won't work now, won't lock down, won't open past first stage now, still I had a couple of hours with the roof down this afternoon.
I could have done it manually but decided to leave it all but shut with just a small gap at the back and it's being collected in the morning to put right.
Luckily for me the manager lives pretty close by and I have known him for 30 or more years.
I think my spider just loves the dealer it came from and gets home sick, now second time back in a week.
It's going to be serious **** take tomorrow when everyone at work sees it going back again.

Driving in an Alfa wonderland
AO Member

County: Rutland

Member car:

Alfa159 2.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Malfaist View Post
Decided when I got home from work to 'quickly' change the air filter. Ha! First time I've needed to remove undertray, I got quite a surprise. Somehow it seemed to be held on with 3 bolts and magic as far as I can tell, needless to say bolts had never been greased and over time they have sheared one by one. Undertray is in a right state as well! Not too surprising 55 plate and over 175k on the clock, but I love her!

So no undertray on the car now, I'm not felling as lucky as the last mechanic that put it back. He must have had special powers. Time to start looking for parts, and the joy of drilling out the sheared bolts. Will have to wait a Couple of weeks as don't have time at the moment, so will complete the service over time.

Looking forward to shiny bolts!
M6 for some, m8 for two at the front, the rest are m6 self tapping through those clip things. I got some stainless dome head Allen bolts and washers, well m6 ones as at the time I didn't realise there were m8s too. The cheap polish undertray off ebay is fine for the money.
AO Member

Member car:

147 2.0TS

Thanks R159, I have stainless bolts on order now!

Decided that my undertray is salvageable this time round although I am very tempted by the polish undertray I was looking at last night.

So in the spare moments I have while undertray is off, 10-15 minutes here and there, sorting out the mountings one at a time. Oh, and giving my 9 year old subframe a bit of TLC. Not as bad as some I've seen , but when a 2x4" chunk of paint falls on your head after knocking it, it definitely needs better protection.
AO Member

County: Hampshire
Garage
Fitted one of these, an iPod connection that fits directly into the multi changer plugs at the back of the head unit, I was lucky as a friend had a Brera a while back and took this out when he changed phones, it was just what I was after, just need to site the phone in the best position now.

Last edited by SpiderSaint; 17-09-14 at 13:02.
AO Member

Member car:

159 2.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbout View Post
Logo projector light fit in courtesy lens.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...or-lights.html (Logo Projector Lights.........)

Credit to Twincamms.
I'm going to give this a go. I hope they're bright enough
AO Silver Member

Garage
Topped it up with a bit of oil,was at the bottom of dipstick.

When my car used to regen the DPF, it never appeared to loose any oil. wondering just how much diesel must have gone in the oil over time, thinning it out!
AO Platinum Member

Had the alignment checked after my recent off road antcs. All sorted but wheel bearing is FUBAR
AO Platinum Member

Ordered new wheel bearing from S4P to go with the full service kit, inc plugs, I've already got from them. Now to get it all fitted.
AO Member

County: Flintshire
Today I treated my car to a full aircon service and regas, healthcheck and full valet inside and out at my local VW garage courtesy of groupon all for the princly price of.............27! Result

Was dead funny too cos the service and reception staff were all drooling over the car. Thats what you get when you have to deal with boring VWs all day I guess!
AO Silver Member

Garage
What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today?

Decided to blank both sides of the EGR (previously only the diamond plate on), and fit new gaskets ( a few signs that gas was getting out). Despite being blanked from the exhaust side, there was quite a thick layer black stuff on the EGR ( which was practically new when I blanked it).
Decided was an opportunity to spray some EGR cleaner in the manifold. Therefore the EGR was free to blow....my god! There is a lot of exhaust/ pressure of exhaust gas ( that would go into the manifold).

Also topped up the oil again...put in 1/2 litre the other day ( reading was at the bottom), reading still at the bottom ( on comp and dip stick), so added another half....still not up too high on the dip stick, anyone know how much is needed for a top up?

159 1.9JTDM Ti and Giulietta 2.0 Veloce
ex: Punto 55s, Golf Mk5 1.4FSi, A3 (8P) Sportback 2.0TDi SE, A4 (B8) 2.0TDI S-Line, 306 HDI Meridian
AO Member

Member car:

147 2.0TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by giblets46 View Post

Also topped up the oil again...put in 1/2 litre the other day ( reading was at the bottom), reading still at the bottom ( on comp and dip stick), so added another half....still not up too high on the dip stick, anyone know how much is needed for a top up?

Hi Giblets46
Just checked in my e-owner manual (p232) it says the distance between min and max on dipstick is approx 1l of oil.
My EGR now has both restrictor gaskets on it, had the 4 hole one for a while, now it has both, turbo definitely spools up quicker, more responsive. Been on there about a week and no EML problems.
T.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 or brera or spider , today