What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today? - Page 107 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 766Likes

AO Member

County: Cornwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by 159_kid View Post
how easy was it to remove the front caliper pins? Im contemplating taking this on myself but unsure id be able to remove the pins with my 12 pc socket set
+1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Staffordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabawokJayUK View Post
Thanks for the clarification Ned, i'll get the swirls deleted if/when the Hybrid turbo is remapped in.
Do you know if the ECU swirl delete adjusts anything to compensate for more air going in lower down or does it just stop the actuator from operating?

I'm tempted to just disconnect mine and stick some sealant over the leaky ones until i can get them deleted properly.
AO Member

County: Kent
Front caliper pins just knock out, but be sure to use the correct size punch to do this otherwise you can deform the pin. The front brakes are easy. The rears are a little bit more tricky. you need a caliper rewind tool (about 10 on ebay)
and a torx socket to get the caliper of the holder to get access to the pads.
Good luck. Let me know how you get on.
AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage
Undid the parking sensor display, was cool but didn't work, then had to re-silence my unlock beeps. Also seem to have a little condensation in one of the headlight reflectors.

[color=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]
AO Member

County: Nottinghamshire
Well....chopped it in I'm afraid. 9000 plus 3.5 k in alfa deposit assistance and loyalty payment on a brand new Giuletta 1.4 TB multiair sportiva nav in anthracite. Wasn't prepared to await the Guilia whilst the residual value of the 159 dropped. Awesome car, but after 5 years it is time for a change...and a warranty again! Paul at Chris Variava was as normal...a star!
AO Member

County: Rutland

Member car:

Alfa159 2.4

Paul is a top bloke.
AO Silver Member

County: Hertfordshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix159 View Post
Well....chopped it in I'm afraid. 9000 plus 3.5 k in alfa deposit assistance and loyalty payment on a brand new Giuletta 1.4 TB multiair sportiva nav in anthracite. Wasn't prepared to await the Guilia whilst the residual value of the 159 dropped. Awesome car, but after 5 years it is time for a change...and a warranty again! Paul at Chris Variava was as normal...a star!
You got 9K trade in on a 2009 sportwagon? Plus they put 3.5k into your price? Could you tell us more about the deal, how much is the monthly cost?
AO Silver Member

County: Wrexham
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ21282 View Post
Do you know if the ECU swirl delete adjusts anything to compensate for more air going in lower down or does it just stop the actuator from operating?

I'm tempted to just disconnect mine and stick some sealant over the leaky ones until i can get them deleted properly.
Sounds interesting. May do this myself if it's safe to do so...
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1398
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddler4 View Post
Front caliper pins just knock out, but be sure to use the correct size punch to do this otherwise you can deform the pin. The front brakes are easy. The rears are a little bit more tricky. you need a caliper rewind tool (about 10 on ebay)
and a torx socket to get the caliper of the holder to get access to the pads.
Good luck. Let me know how you get on.
I did my rear disks and pads on my previous 159 but presumed the front were trickier I may just give them a go now once i locate the correct size punch ;
AO Member

Traded in 2009 1750 tbi SW with 51k on clock for 9000. Alfa dealers can offer a 2k
Deposit assistance on HP. Paul gave me a 1000 loyalty payment as this is
The fifth car we have bought off Chris Variava. Extra 500 quid also as he knows that
There is a sales offer coming in for all cars ordered and registered by end of Sep 14.
Car isn't coming from factory, already in country at the depot.
AO Member

Oh...interest free payment works out at 270 per month over 48 months. Was a much better deal than the PCP.
AO Silver Member

County: Hertfordshire
Garage
Cheers, bit of an eye opener for me.
AO Member

Paul has stopped selling second hand 159 as in his words..after replacing four tyres, service and providing a 6 month warranty, in terms of price on forecourt he only makes around 600 to 900 quid profit. Apparently it is better for him to sell direct to Veloces just above trade in price. Veloces seem to have cornered the market for 159s, perhaps by buying up all the later model cars? Seems to be keeping their forecourt prices eye watering high!
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 159_kid View Post
I did my rear disks and pads on my previous 159 but presumed the front were trickier I may just give them a go now once i locate the correct size punch ;
Have a look on youtube, whilist I've not seen any 159 how to guides, there are a few Brembo guides for other makes, apparently it's the same method.
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
Back driving my Brera today after almost a week & 1074 miles in the GT.

Bliss!

But, had it confirmed that my recent off road excursion resulted in a buckled front wheel - anyone help me with one?

Also, need to fit the new wheelarch liner & undertray that came while I was away after treating the surface rust on the subframe. It's all go!!
AO Platinum Member

AO Silver Member

ouch
AO Silver Member

County: Saint Ann Parish

Member car:

SV JTS 24V V6 Q4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadrone Rosso View Post
Wow, thought when you mentioned the bump you had the wheel wobble would be a buckle.

Did you take the wheel?
Fancy him asking you that? ( do you want it back) Of course, it's your wheeel after all.
How's the rest off the Brera ? & Yourself of course hopes alls fixed & well?
AO Member

County: Kent
Help,
Can anyone tell me where to find the clutch slave cylinder on my Brera 3.2. I think it is inside the gearbox but does that mean I can't get to bleed it. I have recently changed all the brakes and brake fluid but want to pump the new fluid into the clutch system as well.
AO Member

To my car to Autolusso; new pads all around, new front discs to stop a annoying squeak!

Also had my power flex bushes re greased to stop which they only developed 1 day before goING in for the brakes to be changed.

Great service as always
AO Silver Member

County: Leicestershire
Hit a full sized kerb head on at speed (10mph) just days after fitting new springs and ARB links then 4 wheel laser alignment ! There where more swear words in the car than at a Goldie Looking Chain concert!
It was one of diamond shaped car park kerbs that usually has a tree stuck in it, but this one was empty, so when the car infront of me moved I just drove forward and BANG!
AO Platinum Member

Fitted the new wheelarch liner & undertray and got the repaired alloy back & fitted that too.

Will road test later....
AO Member

County: Rutland

Member car:

Alfa159 2.4

Finished fitting my undertray in the dark using stainless fittings where possible. Why do Alfa have three different kinds of fitting?!?

The Polish 30 under trays are ok but I had to modify some holes to fit. Drilling out and retapping is not easy upside down even with the car on ramps..
AO Silver Member

Garage
Passed it's MOT with flying colours, smoke result of 0.59 with fully cored DPF (failure level is 1.5).
Only advisory was my front pads are getting low, and non written one that my rear brakes were a tad tight, advised to loosen off the handbrake a little.

Then managed to drop the 13mm socket down the hole in the centre console...D'oh!!! luckily the 1 magnetic telescopic aerial thingy I got from the bargain aisle (which I was told was a waste of money!) saved the day! Should help the MPG a little!
AO Member

County: Vila Real
Garage
Went for a ride yesterday, first good one(100 mi) after all changes made and the car been given the "all ok" satus by the techs.
Nearly ran out of motorway performing this new DPF's first regen, that toke it about 35 mins hard driving to do it, still the car feels, i'd say "horny" and makes me blush and silly grin... oh, the sound the turbo (this 1749 saab engineered garret Turbo thing is a beast if properly maintained) makes when pulling away on a traffic light on heavy requirement makes beemmers, audis and mercs blush too!

I never tought i was going to take so much fun out of a "family saloon" thouroughly kept on its 110% condition and absolutely stock!!! But this is an Alfa Romeo, right?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 or brera or spider , today