What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today? - Page 105 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 766Likes

AO Silver Member

County: Wrexham
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabawokJayUK View Post
It's 750 including the cam belt and water pump etc, so petty good value considering a cam belt service alone is 350-450 and a new inlet is 400+
All in???
Inc labour and VAT???

If so then that's damn cheap...
Cam belt needs doing, I'm at 70k and don't fancy risking it to 90k like alfa recon it should last too... I know it's the water pump that ruins things...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Premio

County: Cambridgeshire
Garage
Yes, all in. Speak to Ned @ Autolusso.

70K is late for a pump & belt. its much discussed in the forums so take a look and see.
AO Silver Member

County: Wrexham
Garage
Quote:
Yes, all in. Speak to Ned @ Autolusso.

70K is late for a pump & belt. its much discussed in the forums so take a look and see.
I know yeah. I should have done it at about 60k really...
It's a long trip to autolusso and he couldn't do the swirls and poly bush in one day. If have to do it in two hits.
Think manifold and Cambelt is more important so bushes will have to wait... (That's if it passes MOT with them as they are...)
AO Silver Member

County: Greater Manchester
One of HIDs packed in. Turns out it was the ballast. Typical as I've got a spare pair of HID bulbs and fuses, but no ballast. Looks like I'll be on t'internet to buy a replacement and possibly a spare.
AO Member

County: New South Wales
Fitted Autodelta sourced tuned length stainless steel headers to my Spider 3.2 Q4 manual. Better sound, freer revving, more power and better fuel economy. I'm an extremely happy Alfisti !
AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage
What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today?

Refitted the baby seat with seat protector, then polished some of the more visible scratches, big improvement, but not all gone.

[color=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]
AO Member

County: Flintshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG788 View Post
Fitted Autodelta sourced tuned length stainless steel headers to my Spider 3.2 Q4 manual. Better sound, freer revving, more power and better fuel economy. I'm an extremely happy Alfisti !
Wowee! Im just speaking with them with a view to doing mine too...then fitting some c&b cams.

Did you go for the rest of the system?
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

147 2.0TS

Few cuts and scrapes later, the original non-Bose system now has great sound. With not wanting to spend too much.... Fitted new speakers front and back (Pioneer 2way co-axials), iPod interface routed to glovebox, and then just a little more power in the form of a Clarion XC1410 amp.
Still looks completely stock, but wow what a difference in sound.

Next project.... Swirl flap removal. Reconnected the control bar, went for a drive, it lasted 20 mins before falling off again, 1,2and 4 leaking badly. Also turning on their own, so when I put my foot down it is a lottery of how much power (and smoke) I'll get. Going to speak to my indie today see what he thinks to the de-flap kit/tapered plugs.
Anybody fitted them?
AO Member

County: Armagh

Member car:

2.4 159 ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Malfaist View Post
Few cuts and scrapes later, the original non-Bose system now has great sound. With not wanting to spend too much.... Fitted new speakers front and back (Pioneer 2way co-axials), iPod interface routed to glovebox, and then just a little more power in the form of a Clarion XC1410 amp.
Still looks completely stock, but wow what a difference in sound.

Next project.... Swirl flap removal. Reconnected the control bar, went for a drive, it lasted 20 mins before falling off again, 1,2and 4 leaking badly. Also turning on their own, so when I put my foot down it is a lottery of how much power (and smoke) I'll get. Going to speak to my indie today see what he thinks to the de-flap kit/tapered plugs.
Anybody fitted them?
Nice move on the sound front!

I have the de-flapped IM on my motor and I have to say it's made a noticeable difference. There's been coments that it makes the car a little sluggish in the low revs, but I have to say I haven't noticed. It's also changed the sound of the engine from the cabin quite a bit too, get a lovely growl now when I plant it.

Next step for me is to get a slow puncture repaired and remove the locking nuts, as I've lost the key

Driving the wife's Megane, have to say it's pretty amazing that I can get further on a tank for half the cost of the Alfa :S Although that's about the only upside! Sounds like a tractor, the audio quality of the stereo is rubbish and it looks god awful!
AO Member

County: Flintshire
Decided to clean the Mangos Mod 4 induction filter over the weekend (Ive got the original which doesn't seem to have gone rusty?!))....40k miles without a clean it was looking pretty hanging.

After wrestling a seized clamp, the metal base separated from the gauze....Not a good start!

A bit of glue later and 4 passes of cleaning fluid and rinsing, followed by oiling, its almost like new.

Car pulls much more cleanly now and doesn't run out of breathe at high revs anymore... Yay!
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
I had a slight but scary off in mine yesterday. On county roads at very slow speed, car didn't response to steering and slip right off the road.

Nearside wheel arch line damaged and undertray fubar. Subframe took a whack too.

It's tracking dead straight and steering as it should but there's a slight wheel wobble at 65-70.

There's a resonance noise too but I think that's from the broken plastic vibrating.

Visually, the bumper is lifted slighty on account of the mangled undertray.

Didn't hit a kerb with the wheel, thankfully, as went up a drop kerb. Came off the kerb though onto the road.

Will put it on the ramps later.

Simon

Daily Driver FIAT Panda Cross Twinair Stunning Giulia 115 Spider Series 4 fine weather toy

Wife's Daily Brilliant Toyota GT86

AROC South Wales Section Secretary

Last edited by Squadrone Rosso; 18-08-14 at 21:12.
AO Member

County: Greater Manchester
after a full service at MVC lat week after which the car was running great went to the Lakes for a long weekend!!

Came home on a low loader after a stone holed the oil cooler so today i've just spent 374 on a new one!!

**** happens as they say!!
Club Member
Membro Premio

Garage
Yesterday but.... drove up to Carlisle via Manchester so used the M6 toll. First time ever I have seen a bobby on the bridge with a laser where the services are. 2 marked and 2 unmarked cars 200 yards past the bridge all with unlucky drivers in front of them.... gutted.

The Snooper 3Zero paid for itself that day I can assure you! I got about 1000 yards notice!

The M6 toll is a bit of a rat race after all
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

County: Bedfordshire
Quote:
Yesterday but.... drove up to Carlisle via Manchester so used the M6 toll. First time ever I have seen a bobby on the bridge with a laser where the services are. 2 marked and 2 unmarked cars 200 yards past the bridge all with unlucky drivers in front of them.... gutted.

The Snooper 3Zero paid for itself that day I can assure you! I got about 1000 yards notice!

The M6 toll is a bit of a rat race after all
Lucky boy

Ned
Club Member
Membro Premio

Garage
The white Lambo I saw in my rear view may well have not been so lucky, he was gaining fast.....
AO Silver Member

County: Saint Ann Parish

Member car:

SV JTS 24V V6 Q4

I remember in 1991 they use to have a large cardboard cut of a jag near stafford. That was back in the days when the rat race was from Manchester to Shelly's laserdome in stoke on trent on a friday evening.
AO Member

County: Antrim

Member car:

2008 159 - Black

This evening I fixed my non functioning driver side windscreen washer.

Previous owner had went for the self tapping screw fix...but screwed it in too far...

A few turns counter clockwise and all was well...now to sort that driver side triangle of wetness on the windscreen
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG788 View Post
Been wanting a set if these for ages, when you say "sourced" how did you get them? If I may ask

Mj
AO Silver Member

County: Leicestershire
M.o.t.

Just got the car back from my local garage, where it had an M.O.T. It Passed with no advisories, but then they have had it all day to replace one broken coil with four new Eibach Pro Sports springs, and two rear ARB stabiliser links, then set it all up with a Pro Alignment.
They are spot on, as I supplied all the parts. They charged just 299.99 for the lot.
Going for a thrash tomorrow to Waddington to see the Vulcan bomber and two Lancaster's take off.
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
Tucked mine up safely in the garage with the Spider as we're taking the GT to Holland for the Dutch SCARB weekend . Left it connected to a CTEK 3.6.

Hopefully, the new undertray & arch liner will land while we're away.....
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1398
Managed to get the hazards to come on under heavy breaking for the first time today while trying to see if i can cure the slight judderimg under light braking. The brembos have some stopping power!!!
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1634
County: Bristol

Member car:

alfa 75 ts

I have just been watching the rain falling onto my old but well polished 75 parked on the
driveway , she even looks sexy in the rain.
AO Member

County: Rutland

Member car:

Alfa159 2.4

Spent this afternoon trying to sort out the fittings for the new engine undertray... Three of the captive nuts in the subframes are spinning.... Pinned one, drilled it out and retapped it, got the next one pinned but rain stopped play. Slapped some rust remedy stuff on while I was down there. To be continued...
AO Member

County: South Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret-ears View Post
Going for a thrash tomorrow to Waddington to see the Vulcan bomber and two Lancaster's take off.
That would be awesome! I love old planes, especially ones with RR Merlins or Griffons. Where are the Lacasters from? One would be the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight one I assume. We went to a flying day at Shuttleworth in 2005 and the Spitfire gave us goosebumps. There are two flying in NSW that I will go to see one day and there are several being restored in Australia according to the internet. Have a look for an HD clip of the recently rebuilt Mosquito flying in New Zealand with a Spitfire alongside. It is fantastic. A guy over there built a brand new fuselage and wings for it for a rich Canadian collector and he is now building one for himself.

Current Alfas:
2004 GT 3.2 V6, Grigio Stromboli
2008 159 ti 2.4 JTDM Sportwagon, Grigio Stromboli
1989 75 3 litre V6, black
1988 75 3 litre, red, (son's car now)
2000 156 TS 2 litre, Cosmos Blue, (daughter's car)
Club Member
Membro Premio

Garage
Dropped off my baby @ Autolusso for a new manifold with deleted swirl flaps and new belts and pump etc. Should get it back tomorrow and looking forward to keeping the boost in the manifold rather than venting it into the bonnet

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 or brera or spider , today