I've had the 3.2 q4 for close to 2 yrs now, and its been absolutely rock solid.
Mechanically, the 3.2 doesn't tend to have issues & is generally considered very reliable, so long as its maintained regularly.
Small niggles on mine, most of which aren't specific to the 3.2 model:
- Front inner edge tyre wear (fixed with correct wheel alignment)
- Oil temp gauge has been intermittent, and finally given up the ghost. On the 3.2 this is a significant job to fix as the faulty sensor is apparently inside the sump and very hard to get to. Apparently a common problem, and if out of warranty generally not worth fixing. However on the 2.2 its a very cheap & simple fix.
- Drivers side seat heater not working. Was quoted $1,000AUD to fix as the element itself is broken and requires removing & reupholstering the seat.
- VDC can occasionally be overeager and cut in prematurely when turning sharply downhill
- Radio reception is very poor (will be fitting a signal amplifier soon to resolve this)
- Climate control has a mind of its own. Its functioning perfectly as designed, but its basically impossible to turn the air conditioning off. It'll switch itself back on within 5 mins.
Apart from that, its worth checking whether the correct power steering fluid has been used as many 159s came with the wrong fluid out of the factory.
These are all pretty minor however - in 2 yrs its never once let me down, and feels absolutely rock solid. No rattles, and starts like clockwork every time. And the noise near the redline is great