going to Europe TOMORROW how do I adjust 159 xenon for continental driving - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Silver Member
County: West Midlands
They swapped in Sweden in the 60s (I think?), except they went the wrong way.
So it could be done back the right way.
They should all change for us! Its only fair....
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 62
County: Greater Manchester
the swedes: too much schnapps and 24hrs of darkness in the winter does strange things to the mind
AO Silver Member
County: West Midlands
True. I watched Wallender the other night, how depressing was that?!

But I do like an old Saab.
(Post Link) post #29 of 30 Old 16-07-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Greater London
Originally Posted by Squadrone Rosso View Post
You do not or cannot adjust factory fit xenons on a 159 or brera
exactly that....its not possible, i have allot of experience messing around with bi-xenon projectors (i retro fitted dual bi-xenons to a fiat stilo!). once i started taking pictures i recognised the projectors, they are not adjustable, there is no mechanism for it and DEFINITIVELY, THERE IS NO LEVER

I just drop on the continent, as is, and drove back. no fuss. my mate who i drove with, his beam benders fell off at 80mph
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

159 2.2 JTS

I know this is an old thread, but since I stumbled on it looking for an answer myself to a related question (my dipped xenon/HID/gas discharge headlights beam was way too short, not reaching past 7m on the drivers side — the distance was never the same on both sides), I visited a dealer to adjust this (among a few other things I had them do).

However, they done nothing and since it's more expensive for me to spend time driving to them and losing another couple of hours, I managed to find how you adjust the height of the beam on OEM Alfa 159 xenons yourself.

If you open the hood, you can see two bolts protruding from the headlight. The outer one is to adjust the height, and the inner one to adjust the direction (supposedly: I haven't tried that one). I got it to raise the beam by "unscrewing" (for regular direction screws) the outer bolt.

Photo of the back of right side headlamp itself with green arrow pointing to the height adjustment bolt and red for the direction adjustment: as you can see, you'll need pliers or the appropriate wrench.

Note: you can get to this without taking the headlamp out. I simply had this photo handy.

I've used this to get my headlights back to at least 20m for the drivers side, though now looking at how much of the road they need to light up (40-80m in Serbia for the short beam), I'll be adjusting them further.

Last edited by Данило; 05-04-13 at 09:06. Reason: It's bolts, not screws :)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , adjust , continental , driving , europe , tomorrow , xenon