159 Media Player - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 08-07-12 Thread Starter

Member car:

alfa 156 2.0

159 Media Player

Sorry, this is a long one but Alfa have not been able to solve it so I am wondering if someone else can.

I have a new 159ti with a media player. I have gone for the Bose upgrade. I broght the vehicle about 11 months ago.

I love the sound system on this car and one of the things I love the most is being able to put all my music on a flash drive.

I put all my music on as a selection of MP3s and MP4s and it worked with no problems. Then, one day about three weeks after buying the car it stopped working. The dealer downloaded an upgrade and it was fine again. They told me that I should not play MP4s and MP3 is the supported format. I argued that surely the fact it plays MF4s must mean it supports them but I changed everything to MP3 anyway.

Even with the change to MP3 I have the same problem so it went back in to the dealer and they changed everything. the media player, wiring, sterring controls, the whole lot. One thing they did say is that it is possible there is too much data on my flash drive and this messes up the media player and they gave me a list of recomended flash drives.

Well it has started going wrong again so I am about to buy one of these flash drives and try that. Its a right pain as these flash drives only go up to 1GB at the best.

One thing I have noticed is that apart from not being able to hear it, it is as if it is playing. The track that should be playing shows, then another shows and so on. I do wonder if its a sound issue when media player is playing.

I have ruled out a corrupt file and damaged flashdrive buy having the same issue with two different flash drives with all different tracks on.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Have someone else make up a flash drive for you, with their own files and made on their own PC and see if this solves it, Make sure its correctly formatted.

I used flash drives up to 16Gb with no issues, didnt try higher, but I dont think its a problem. The reccomended ones are just those they actually tested.

Sometimes the mdia player gets messed up.

First thing to try when it does is a secondary (small) drive with just a few folders on it, this causes a reboot of the playlist and once learned, pop the big drive back in and it usually reloads perfectly.

Second thing is just to disconnect the battery for a minute or two. All you lose is the clock time and the trip meter.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , media , player