Roof not closing windows wont fully close - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 05-07-12 Thread Starter
County: Dorset

Member car:

alfa 147

Roof not closing windows wont fully close

Hello all
i'm sorry if this has been covered before, I have roof problems with my 2007 spider. It will almost completely close (the roof cover doesnt quite close, and the back window is left hanging over the roll bars), then it stops, and I have to undergo the manual procedure to fully close it. When it is closed, I can't then fully close the windows, and have to leave the car with the windows slightly open!

I've tried jiggling the manual release cable, as suggested in another thread, but with no luck! I just wondered if this had happened to anyone before? Thank you! sorry if i haven't explained it perfectly?
Sponsored Links
County: -
Roof not closing windows wont fully close

Hi there,

I have encounter with the same problem with you also. And the worse part is in that middle of the night there is a heavy rain. Water gets in and soak my whole interior.

I too couldn't get it close tight by pushing in the pressure release string and have no choice but to send it back to the service center. They remove the whole roof and check the wiring system and lastly point out that my hydraulic pump is faulty that's why cannot push the roof to close fully. It cost around sgd $6000 ( usd $5000) including labor cost to replace it as I am in singapore and the parts are rare. I am shock at this amount. Luckily the chief technician helps me by servicing the pump. He took it out and clean and oil it ( he explain some complicated stuff he did also ) and finally it works.

I hope that it will not malfunction again because the cost is ridiculous.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

close , closing , fully , roof , windows