I managed to turn a 5 minute job into an hours headache this evening.......here's how the story goes............
After some good reviews from other members about these LED sidelight bulbs http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...E:L:OC:GB:3160
I pressed the button on ebay yesterday and they turned up in todays post (very impressed with the delivery time).
Got home from work, had my dinner and Eastenders came on much to the missus' delight - (my cue to go and fiddle with the 159!!).
Flipped up the bonnet, fitted the drivers side with ease in under 2 minutes....great i thought! On to the passenger side, put the bulb in and inserted it back into the housing......only I couldn't get it to 'click in'. A good 10 minutes of wiggling it about resulted in the gut wrenching sound of a bulb bouncing around the light housing!!
Keeping my cool I went into the garage and dug out a thin stick (the ones used for supporting tomato plants) and some electrical tape. I stuck a ball of electrical tape on the end of the stick, removed the indicator bulb and proceeded to poke around with the stick until I got a bite. Result!!!!
Carefully pulling the stick out of the light housing I saw the bulb clinging on for dear life - just keep a steady hand....
Not steady enough apparently. The bulb is now somewhere in the depths of the engine, out of sight
So, now I have one sidelight fitted (which looks great by the way!) and another pack of bulbs ordered from Ebay. Lets hope they turn up as quick as the first ones.