159 2.2 selespeed gearbox issues - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 25-06-12 Thread Starter
County: Moscow

Member car:

159; 2.2

Hmmm 159 2.2 selespeed gearbox issues

Hi guys

Need help with identifying gear box problem on my 2007 159 2.2 baby. Here are the symptoms:

1. it either stops switching gears in automatic mode (manual working fine) OR it would not go from 3rd to 4th at all OR both. The monitor would just blink "have gearbox checked" in red.

2. now the strange thing is that the problem appears and then disappears again which suggests that it is not really a gearbox issue but something else instead I think. sometimes it starts when I start the engine and then goes away after a few miles. Sometimes it just doesnt happen at all. Sometimes I can start my car and drive perfectly for quite some time and then all of a sudden after I drop to 1st it happens again.

First experienced this issue last November. Took it to the local garage specializing on Italian cars. The tests did not identify any problems with gearbox (or anything else) at all. Mechanic just rebooted the system and the problem was gone for 6 months or so, but now I've got it again...(((

I've read through a few threads here but the did not find a matching description (sorry if I was not digging good enough!)

I am driving this car on weekends mainly so got a little less than 20k in almost 5 years (practically new car!). So my call would be to change the accumulator first

What do you think? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , gearbox , issues , selespeed