Unhappy Experience with AR Dealer - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 11-06-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Fife

Member car:

156 2.0 JTS

Unhappy Experience with AR Dealer

I've been thinking about changing cars so last Tuesday, I was coming back to Dunfermline from Pitlochry and my wife suggested we call in at the Alfa dealer (name withheld to protect the guilty). They had a nice 159 which wasn't too far outside my budget, so I arranged a drive for the Friday, and for them to check over my car and give me a price for it.

I turn up on Friday, salesman is busy with other customers. I'm in no rush so I wander around and after about 15 minutes he comes over and it's painfully obvious that he doesn't remember me, despite having met me and my wife, and sat and talked to us, and taken all my details just 3 days previously. He apologises, says he's going to be busy for a while, but he'll see if the sales manager can take over.

Comes back five minutes later and tells me that the car was sold that morning, subject to finance. He then offers to check over my car anyway, and meantime he'll phone on the off-chance that the finance was declined and the car is still available. By now I'm pretty furious, but politely decline and leave. (It occurred to me later that the manager could have had the courtesy to tell me in person instead of sending his hapless underling to do it)

Now, you could say it's my fault for not phoning to check that the car was still available, but the salesman had taken both my mobile and my home phone numbers, and a courtesy call would have saved me a sixty mile round trip and, more importantly, would have vastly increased their chances that I might do business with them in the future.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Armagh

Member car:

Giulietta QV

When you were first in, didn't they offer you the chance to put a holding deposit on the car to secure it for you for a few days.

That's always been ny experience. Very poor.
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 17
County: West Yorkshire
It was there responsibility to tell you it had been sold, customer is king.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

dealer , experience , unhappy