159 undertray removal. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 11-06-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cheshire
159 undertray removal.

Got an oil leak on 159 1.9 which only seems to happen when the vehicles being used,when its on the drive engine off it doesnt seem to leak apart from a couple of drops.

I'm going to try and locate the leak, but have no axle stands. Am I going to be able to remove the under tray just by squeezing underneath with a torch?

Does any one know how many fixings there are on the undertray and are they al the same?

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Cardiff
Hi, you might be able to do it but it will be a bit tight to get underneath, could you maybe get one side up on a kerb to give you more room underneath.
There are 2 large torx, I think a t40 at the front, a couple of phillips screws and quite a few, I think 8 t30 or t35 bolts, This is assuming that when it has been refitted in the past that all the fixings have been refitted.
AO Silver Member
County: West Midlands
It depends if someone has been to bodge the undertray on before! Sometimes the fixings are lost and then get replaced with "other" screws.
There are two sizes of hex bolt to undo, 3 across the front then several others spread around.

I have managed to take one off without a ramp/axle stands, but its a right royal pita.

Just make sure the front lip goes under the bumper when re-fitting, its another pain if you forget and screw it all back up!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , removal , undertray