Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I was looking into this problem and after using the information here I thought I'd post some photos of an alternative solution.
Also, I just have a really strong dislike of oil getting near the outside of the turbo, so any leaks of oil residue from the breather tube that weep out the joint concern me.
I tried adding a jubilee clip, but there was still a little bit too much movement for my liking. After all, it's not exactly easy to clamp a semi-rigid plastic pipe tight. A little time spent letting my mind wander round possible solutions made me wonder about adding an o-ring or seal, then I realised that this wouldn't be easy to find given the size needed. The final solution was to create a seal using self-amalgamating silicone tape.
The only problem with doing this is you need to get the top of the turbo feed off as well as the intake pipe, but once that was done (4 hex bolts) a couple of wraps of tape around the feed and the intake pushed on and stayed nice and firm in place.
Add a few turns of tape over the joint and topped off with a jubilee clip for good measure and the whole thing is now as rigid as you could possibly want.
The only problem now is getting the whole thing back in place. Getting the feed off was easy once the intake pipe was removed, but with the two parts joined together there was very little space to work in. I was terrified of dropping one of the hex bolts into the turbo inlet, so used a magnetic pick-up tool (that can lift a small hammer!) to guide the bolt into place. Once there, move the tool to the side until it lets go of the bolt and a hex bit on an extension just about squeezed in to do the bolts up.
Once it's done, there's so little give that getting the resonator back in was a PITA. I guess that shows there's normally a lot of slop in the system.
Sorry about the cruddy camera phone shots, but it didn't occur to me to document things until I was starting to put it all back together.
Anyway, here goes:
The first wraps of tape are already under the intake pipe at this stage.
And with the clip added.
This is where you're going to fit everything - loads of space!
Suddenly the space disappears
Dropping the bolt into place with a pick-up tool.
Sorry for such a photo heavy post, but I hope this helps someone.