ChipsAway... - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Silver Member
County: -
Originally Posted by wynne71 View Post
He is on the phone while spraying the car, without the wheels masked.......ahhhhh..... End job looks good though.
Exactly what I was thinking!

A professional sectional respray is the only solution rather than a 'patch-up' IMO.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Berkshire

Member car:

159 2.4 Ti

Only ever used them to remove wheel scuffs, which they did a few years ago on my 147 and did a good enough job for my eyes. Recently quoted me £60+VAT to do the same on my wife's 156 n/s front wheel which got intimate with the kerb a few nights ago.
AO Member
County: Merseyside

Member car:

civic type r

As I said CRAP I use chips away when I banged my almost new rx8 job looked good until about 6months later when the repair area was hazy (black paint) ended up taking it to a proper bodyshop who cut it back whatever that is in all honesty the job looked like an extremely good amateur had done it not a bad professional
(Post Link) post #29 of 31 Old 02-06-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Buckinghamshire
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
applying spray paint in open air, with dust particles flying and what not? mmmmh...
He's mobile - what you gonna do?...

I do like the final finish though
County: Wiltshire

Member car:

Revive!-uk Van

Wave open air spraying!

Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
applying spray paint in open air, with dust particles flying and what not? mmmmh...
The system we use is designed to be used outdoors. Although a fly dropping into your lacquer is a pain in the *2@!* it isn't a process killer. The actual "end play" is the final flatting & polish.
Please remember that although we say we are an alternative body-shop on wheels, we are tightly controlled on what we can put into the atmosphere. Therefore, the products used are for small to medium area repairs (SMaRT) - NOT major panel work.
AO Member
County: Greater London
This is a bit of a thread-hijack - I have a box of virtually unused Chipex materials, including all the paint, thinner, polisher and all the other bits and bobs. I say virtually unused because I've only ever used a tiny amount of paint to touch up a mark the seatbelt left in the passenger door surround - i didn't go through the whole smoothing and polishing process.

Now that my bella has departed, does anyone want the kit? It's Touring Grey - I can't remember the colour code.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider