bye bye spider - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
bye bye spider

Sad to see my Spider Italia Independent 2.2 go but when i got my 159SW I kinda knew having 2 cars almost the same wouldn't last long. I didn't drive the Spider much through winter waited for the sun reappearing then took it out, it didn't take long to work out 1) the 159Ti seats are more comfy, 2) the scuttle shake and general ride thump/bumping isnt much fun 3) the 1.9 diesel engine is actually nicer than the lurchy, sturrery 2.2. its my second Spider and I'd accepted the failings but when its compared more directly with another car from the same stable and you prefer a diesel estate its time for it to go and be replaced with something that does hit the spot

The replacement has now been collected, Porsche 911 Carrera 4 cab, 9 years old got 40K more miles on has almost double the horsepower, mpg on a run is actually better than the spider!, has less bumps and creaks despite its age/mileage and is a blast to drive. Luckily its a summer only, non essential car as I cant afford to repair the thing when it goes go wrong but its definitely providing a different driving experience to the 159 or Spider haha

Big thanks to all those who contributed on Spider problem threads and I'll still keep checking in occasionally as the 159 scratches my Italian car itch
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Armagh

Member car:

Giulietta QV

At least you are still in the fold. And there is nothing wrong with a 911 as a funday car.
I have 60 plate 1750tbi II -and have had issues last three months - well pretty much since i got it from dealer - all fixed under warranty but making me think of saying bye bye too - what specifics did you have problems with can i ask? Save trawling through your thread

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

bye , spider