Free version of FES does NOT do regens.
At least mine doesn't..you need a 'full version'
Is it the 3.4.2 version?
Just had an other look at this program and it does
have this facility, I have it in front of me now instructions down the right hand of the screen thus:
PLEASE READ ALL NOTES CAREFULLY!
This procedure allows regenerating the anti-particle filter and it must be used if the particle led in the panel turns on or when a failure regarding the particle filter is found.
This function generates very high exhaust temperatures, so it is necessary to verify that the exhaust tube is not obstructed.
The following conditions are required to perform the procedure:
1) Coolant temperature > 70°C
2) Vehicle stationary
3) Engine idling (850 rpm +/- 50 rpm)
4) Brake and clutch pedal released.
During the procedure DO NOT place the vehicle on flammable surfaces (ex. grass, etc.)
NOTE: THIS PROCEDURE REQUIRES A SPECIFIC SEQUENCE OF ACTIONS IN ORDER TO COMPLETE SUCCESSFULLY:
1. Start this procedure
2. Go to Parameters window and start to monitor the following 2 parameters:
- Regeneration Progress
- Forced Regeneration State
3. Wait while Forced Regeneration State is 'In progress' and Regeneration Progress <100%. If Forced Regeneration State shows 'Error' then the procedure has failed - stop engine an wait 15 seconds before repeating the procedure.
4. When Forced Regeneration State becomes 'OK' and Regeneration Progress becomes 100%:
- Turn the key to OFF
- Wait 15 seconds
- Turn the key to MAR
- Connect again and clear any errors.