ECU Issue? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 16-05-12 Thread Starter
County: Edinburgh

Member car:

Brera 2.4

Hmmm ECU Issue?

Hi Folks,

I wish my introduction as a new Brera owner would be a cheerier one, but hopefully something minor to get past first!

Car is a 2.4 jtdm 07, had it for 4 months and been loving it so far! however my alfa stereotype fear of so many electrics has unfortunately come true. I left the car on the drive for 2 days whilst away, i come back and have the following error messages:

ABS unavailable
ASR unavailable
VDC unavailable
Hill Holder unavailable

So quite a selection to all appear whilst I wasnt there...

Did the ecu reset (disconnect battery for 10mins) and all I managed to succeed in doing was adding two NEW messages to the dash. Both window safety thingys not working and windows not closing when locking the car.

Soooooo, thanks to the posts in here I have performed the window reset and that solved the new problem, but funnily enough the others still remain.

So what to do now? Oh and the car starts fine with both the clutch and the brake. Only detail worth pointing out is that none of these messages appear until the car is put into gear (doesn't matter 1st or reverse).

Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Duff battery is often the cause of this, but in your case a quick diagnostic run may find an issue with the clutch pedal switch or a wheel speed sensor.
AO Member
County: Leicestershire
One of your wheelspeed sensors has gone west, or some part of the abs system anyway. Mostlikely a wheelspeed sensor!
AO Member
County: Surrey

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 159

I've just had a similar issue. See my thread. It's sorted now (hopefully). Turned out to be that clutch sensor for the hill assist, that in turn knocked the ASR\VDC off. I've had my 159 (purchased from a main dealer) for 1 week!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

ecu , issue