Parking sensors... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 03-05-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Shropshire

Member car:

Parking sensors...

Have a thread up in the general discussion re dealer 3rd year warranty, so won't bore you with that side of things, but does anyone know how much they cost as an 'option'?

Reason for asking is that after a week with my car, and three different wiring looms on order from Alfa (the fault the dealer identified) they have finally managed to get the correct one (well, it's on order, at least. I asked them to refit the bumper so I could have my car back until they were sure they actually had it)

The cost of this piece of wiring harness is .....

...wait for it...

.... a ridiculous 865 + VAT!!!!!!!!!!

Now add on 3 hours (I kid you not) labour for fitting it, I reckon that well over 1300 all in.
It's under warranty (thankfully) but surely this is ridiculous.
I thought it was nearer 500 to have the bits fitted, including the sensors, painting etc.
Sponsored Links
County: West Lothian
Don't know about the 159 as both mine (like yours) had them as standard but on the Giulietta they were a 250 (including VAT) option. On that basis, your 'prices' do seem to be just a tad OTT, .
AO Member
County: Alessandria
This is crazy. Thirteen hundred Pounds is more than what I paid for a pretty darn good used Opel not long ago. It wasn't anything fancy, but the paint, body, and interior were very nice
and it had a small turbo diesel which gave good performance AND good fuel mileage.

I have functioning sensors on my Spider but I know exactly what to do when they fail. Last Fall I installed a set of reverse parking sensors from Hong Kong on my Fiat Grande Punto. They cost was something like 12 Euros; i.e. REALLY cheap. They came in several colors and the red ones were an exact match. The kit even came with a special hole saw.

They work at least as well as the ones on the Spider and were easy to install. Removing the bumper was the biggest job and it wasn't difficult at all.
AO Member
County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

159 TBi Ti

I had front sensors fitted to my 159Ti at Martin at AFH1 (an Alfa DET).

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

parking , sensors