Should I buy a Brera or GT, or non-Alfa? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: North Yorkshire

Member car:

GT v6

the way i see it is, i think the 916 16v gtv handles better than out else from the stable. you can lean on the inner cornering wheel and put it "just there" it's a joy. don't seem to get that from the longer wheel based siblings. the gt is a cozy cockpit, the brera is clean and pleasant maybe you sit a bit high (on it as oppose to in it). but they are all mighty fine looking babes. as for other car brands I'm afraid i wear blinkers,
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
a friend had a 535d(maybe bigger? I don't know bmw's...), mapped, was like a rocket ship, just bonkers.
I've only driven a 1.6 156
not heard good things about brera's from the couple of people I knew that have owned them. I assume the brera is too heavy, and imagine the GT is a fun, involving drive like my 156.
both owners I knew said the same gripes, heavy, lack of power, bad mpg etc... is depressing! I wish I could own a brera! must be sour grapes that I remember these comments?
I don't think the GT looks dated. yet.

I want a 159, tempted by 5series but seem to have the same gripes as the 159 if you read honestjohn...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

blackline , brera , buy , nonalfa