Just had my MOT and 4th year/42,000 miles service.
MOT passed, straight through.
Thought I'd put a few pics up incase anyone wanted a DIY service guide.
Firstly change the oil filter, this is simple enough, although there is a solonoid and wiring harness close to the filter housing, which meant and 3/8 wobble was need to easilty get on the 32mm nut on top of the filter.
Once removed a simple paper element is changed and the housing/cup refitted
Raise the vehicle safely and remove the undertray
Under tray is helpfully designed with 3 different fixings, 2x 6mm allen, 6 or 7 T30 torx and 4 or 5 philips screws. Once you finnaly get all the fixings off and it falls on your head, I find a gental boot accross the workshop floor helps destress, not to hard though, its looks like it would be one billion dollars from Alfa.
Once thats off you can access the sump plug to drain the oil, 15mm spanner for this. Hot oil drains quicker but burns you, so just a bit warm is best.
Although not due until next service I decided to change the engine air filter also, and I thought a performance filter would be best, Pipercross this time, i normally use K&N but none available at the time. Air filter is also under the car 5 7mm nuts removes the cover and the filter just pulls down and out.
Then its time to change the brake fluid, this is pretty straight forward, easy access even with the wheel on. Quicker using a pressure bleeder, but the old fashioned pump down method would be fine, if you are doing it that way, keep the level topped up. One thing to remeber with the big red alfa calipers is there are 2 bleed nipples up front, you need to do both the inner and outer ones to be sure all the fluid is changed.
Inner front, http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/a...n/IMAG0322.jpg
Outer front, got at easily through the wheel,
Remeber to wipe up immediately any spilt fluid if it gets on the wheels
Rear is a normal single bleed niple
Then put the new oil in, spec is said to be 5.3 litres, so I put 5 in and ran the engine for 30 secs, after a while to settle the oil was still on the bottom of the stick, added at least 0.5 more to be on max, so dont believe everything you read.
I forgot to get photos of the pollen filter but its changed inside the car, its behind the glove box. One T25 screw and two clips to remove the cover and a 5.5mm socket to open the door of the pollen filter housing, filter pulls straight out, there is a little lip on the filter to help but be sure its oriantated correctly as the air has to flow though it one way.
All in its about 2 hours work (with tea breaks and lots of talking to people)
Hope this was some help or at least a little interesting to you guys.
PS can someone tell me how to embed the photos please