AO Silver Member
Join Date: Mar 2003
Pads done - Drive Shaft not done
Changed the Brembo pads at the weekend. A very easy job with no suprises. The only thing to note is replacing the pins. It's not obvious that the pins are far enough in. But if you hold the punch you know it's in by the 'solid' feel through the fingers.
But standing back and admiring the job I saw that grease is starting to ooze out of the N/S drive shaft.
Then I found the rear most fixing of the under tray has gone AWOL. So I borrowed one of the least stressed bolts from the side as a temporary measure until I can get another.
I did have a good look at the under tray and can now see that the Tbi bulge hides a very fat exhaust pipe.
The side 'Air Dams' that others have reported damaged is not too bad on mine. I have a split about 50mm long around the lower fixing. Also, I noticed the lower fixings are on elongated slots so I took the opportunity to pre-stress them at their upper position. I then finished off by skimming a small amount of their bottoms to improve clearance. This also got rid of the scuff marks.
So, I'm now off to the Dealer to get a warranty drive shaft!