Another update for today. Earlier in the thread, I mentioned that I had a bunch of LEDS from my earlier LED project on the Mondeo.
So, today morning I tried getting those on the 159, with mixed results. Since I purchased those LEDS some time back, I'm pretty sure they're not CANBUS error free, and the ebay shop I got them from seem to have gone bust
So, I've attached a snap, to show the LEDs I'm talking about.
Now, for the results:
1. I used the White Reverse LED in my Alfa and so far no CANBUS errors
. But, day time visibility is poor. I've also got a spare one free (shown in attached), as the 159 has only one Reverse Light.
2. I had 2 Red Single Filament Replacement LEDS for the Tail Light and 2 Red double Filament replacements for the Tail/Stop Light. Unfortunately, the 159 requires all 4 bulbs as double filament ones. Hence, I've used 2 Double Filament LEDs for the Tail Light. So, again, have 2 Red Single Filament Replacements FREE (shown in attached). The 2 that are on, look good, but daytime visibility poor.
3. Finally, I have 4 Amber Indicator LEDS, but can't use any of them on the 159, and the 159 Indicator Bulbs are offset Pin ones
, whereas the LEDS I have are straight Pin ones. So, they are Free too (shown in attached).
I'll try to take snaps of the LEDS that are in there, in the night.
Edit: I must add that working with the rear tail clusters was a doddle, as they're setup quite nicely, and are practical. Wish that could be said about the front lights. It was a struggle getting the Sidelights on in the morning.