Full Brera Eibach suspension - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 12-03-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Buckinghamshire

Member car:

Brera 2.4

Full Brera Eibach suspension

Afternoon all,

After being a member of this forum foor some time now, I decided I should finally contibute. I have owned my Brera for around 3 years now. It's a few modifications but the main ones would be the remap which was done by Superchips a while ago (unfortunately this was completed a week before Alfa tune and AHM announced the F1 EGR/DPF removal remap.....gutted!) I'm still not that happy with this remap so it will soon be changed. Brakes also had minor changes with PF z-rated pads, grooved discs and ATE super blue fluid. Unfortunaltely no floating disc setup as yet!

The most recent change was a full eibach suspension upgrade. I went with eibach dampers (which are made by Sach) and proline springs. I thought I'd give a quick review on this as I dont think that anyone has reviewed this combo on a Brera as yet.

Well, to begin with, this review won't be any different to all of the other reviews about Brera suspension upgrades........It makes a huge difference. Nose dive under breaking has gone and turn in is sharper and much improved. Lateral roll has also been reduced. I do alot of driving on back roads where there is many a rut and pot hole and the new set up handles this well. Ride quality is not really affected, if anything it seems to handle bumps better than before. I just think its a shame that Alfa didn't do a "sports suspension" upgrade pack as one of the options. The car has dropped a decent amount and the arches now hug the tyres nicely.

I have also fitted a Biscione Racing strut brace. As others have said, it doesn't seem to do much for the handling on the Brera. Having said that, it can't hurt it being there.......and it looks cool! I have added some photos to show how the car sits now. Unfortunately I can't the shots of the car before the suspension was fitted. Anyway, there are more upgrades in the pipeline.....expect another thread in around 3 years time for those Enjoy!Iphone 200.jpg

Iphone 206.jpg
Sponsored Links
Looks beastie! 🚗😉
AO Silver Member
County: Essex
Lovely car. looks just right. That does look low, I've set my coilovers to give 85mm rim to arch on 19's all round, and that looks even lower like its the sportlines rather than the prokit springs... but can't see them listed for 3.2 or 2.4's...whats the strut brace look like?

Last edited by jbsmith1; 12-03-12 at 19:34. Reason: more questions...
AO Member
County: Greater London
I just had Eibach Pro springs fitted to mine and its no where near as low as that?? Ive got standard dampners still mind you.

EDIT: Although the dampners wouldnt affect the ride height. Must be a different set of springs....

These are the ones i had fitted: http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap...006-03-22.html

Last edited by stefanocirillo; 12-03-12 at 20:58.
AO Member
County: Warwickshire
Has lowering the car increased tyre wear?
AO Silver Member
County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

Brera 2.2 JTS

I've had the Eibach Pro springs fitted to my Brera 2.2 and they are all you say but I must add that they don't lower the car by as much on the 2.2 petrol as they do on your 2.4 diesel, at least going by your photos. Must be the extra weight, I suppose..

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

brera , eibach , full , suspension