Two problems with Brera 3,2 Q4 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 11-03-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
Two problems with Brera 3,2 Q4

Hi all,

Sadly I'm planning to sell my Alfa after roughly 2,5 years.

Before I seel it though I want to take care of two issues with it.

Issue one is a semi classic problem with the oil temp meter and the flashing red lamp.

Yes, I know, usually it's the sensor and it's high cost thing because they need to lift the engine but the strange thing is that mine works from time to time, i.e. 70% works 30% far as I know it either is dead or working, that's why I'm hesitant about the problem. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Problem 2: One of my keys doesn't work all of a sudden and the reason for this is unknown. I've never dropped it or anything but I locked the car, entered the super market and when I got out it was dead. After replacing the battery without any change I thought it was dead...

Well as one says, curiosity killed the cat, I went out to the car and tried the other key and of course it worked but now comes the strange part....When I have both keys and press the simultaneously, my broken key seems to be disturbing my second key so when I press open or lock button on both nothing happens. This makes me believe that the "broken" key stiil seems to be working (in a strange way). My thought is that it can have lost it's security clearance to my car or something similar and reprogramming it at an Alfa repair shop perhaps could do the trick.

Do anyone of you guys have any comments regarding my two problems?

GOODYEAR "Get there"

BMW 520d Sedan 184hp @ 215hp -11-
Alfa Romeo Apider 1,8 TBI @ XXXhp -11-

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

brera , key , oil , problems