Brera not running 100% - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 29-02-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: East Lothian
Brera not running 100%

Ive had the Brera in at the dealers last week as i feel its not running quite right,I though it seems to be a lot noisier recently in what can only be described as sounding like a diesel(even though it is) im not sure the performance is suffering but sometimes through the country roads it feels a bit flat but it seems to be the noise i'm noticing more, noisier especially around 2k revs area where it seems to make a more booming noise and i may be feeling a bit more vibration through the pedal.

Anyway the dealer couldnt find anything all they did was plug it in to look for faults. Looking through past threads the things that stand out are egr valves or injectors would they show up on the dealers computer as faulty?

Im planning on getting the egr deleted dpf removed and map shortly but feel i need to get to the bottom of this and sorted if necessary before i feel comfortable getting it carried out as i have a bit warranty left or maybe this will sort the problem?

any help/advice appreciated (its a 210 by the way)

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
Sounds like EGR/DPF issue.

What fuel are you running? These systems don't seem to react well over time to the cheaper diesels (which don't have much cleaning additive), and there's plenty of anecdotal evidence to suggest they really don't like supermarket diesel.

Try running a couple of tanks of Vpower Diesel through it, it should clean up the injectors and maybe the DPF a bit, though it probably wouldn't do much to cure a sticky EGR.

See how it runs on Vpower for a while, then get your EGR/DPF delete done anyway

Brat Pack no.8
AO Silver Member
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Try runing it with a tank full after using what many see as the recommended Snake Oil! -
It might clean your fuel system
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 01-03-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: East Lothian
thanks for the replies...

Commander fish - you may have hit on something here i had been using v power as often as i could but i dont think i have used it for a couple of months just the usual stuff out the local jet station will give it a go on the vpower only.

swq4- i have already put a bg244 through the car about 3/4 months ago at the time my only issue was a lumpy idle which improved with this treatment. i would assume you shouldnt use these treatments very often so not sure to try one again?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

100% , brera , running