Parrot CK3100 in Alfa 159 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 24-02-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Glasgow
Help Parrot CK3100 in Alfa 159

I've done a few thread searches (both here and in the ICE & B&M lounge), but haven't found what i'm looking for.

I have a Parrot CK3100 fitted to my '06 159 (there when i bought it) and whoever fitted it has done it incorrectly.

I understand that there is a requirement for the unit to be fitted to a permanent and switched supply, otherwise you get 'memory full' errors and the screen does not say 'Goodbye' when you swith car off.

Apparently these issues are cause by orange and red wires being connected the wrong way round (to the permanent and switched supplies) and they just need reversed.

Unfortunately, i have no idea where the connections which i need to switch are (had the head unit out, but still no clearer), or where the blue control box is.

Has anyone had similar issues and/or know how to fix.

Would be good to know where others have located their control boxes so that i can try to find that too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Belfast

Member car:

Black 159 ti

I fitted mine myself but couldn't find a switched live @ the radio socket (something to do with the cambus system looking for noise on the wire or something) To cut a long story short i had to take a switched live from the 12v socket in the center console. Swiching the orange and red wires by themselfs wont fix the problem. The blue box you talk about isnt excatly small so you should be able to locate it if you trace the wires back. If you push the drivers seat all the way back and remove the side panel to the center console youll find a connector block that powers the 12v socket. I fitted the blue box in on top of the glove box the area that drops down to get @ the pollen filter. The wires your after if i rem correctly are off the back of the stereo connector so you might not need to locate the box.

The box looks like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Parrot-CK3...item460128d26a and i think the red wire has an inline fuse on the wire.

Last edited by a2themfk; 24-02-12 at 17:36.
(Post Link) post #3 of 7 Old 24-02-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks a2themfk

I've tried to trace the wires, but i lose them behind the head unit.

The LCD screen is fitted to the right of the steering wheel above the fog light buttons. I've followed the wire through the fuse box and along the top of the pedals toward the rear of the stereo, but then i can't see where it goes.

Likewise, i've had the head unit out and i'm unclear on which of the wires are for the parrot unit. That's why i was hoping to find out where the control box was so that i could try to trace the wires from this back to the head unit.

So i need to disconnect either orange or red wire (need to check which) from the back of the stereo connection and re-route it to the cigarette lighter switched supply.

Just need to find the red and orange wires behind the stereo then!

AO Member

Member car:

Black 159 ti

Yeah thats it, the wires coming of the back of there stereo are the ones you need. The original stereo connector was used to plug into the parrot connection which in turn plugs into the rear of your stereo so no need to find the blue box.

Last edited by a2themfk; 24-02-12 at 18:57.
(Post Link) post #5 of 7 Old 25-02-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

All working now!

Just needed to disconnect the orange wire (ignition connection) and re-connect to the switched 12V supply for the cigarrete lighter.

The 'memory full' problem has gone; the phone synchronises properly and says 'Goodbye' when i switch the car off.

Thanks for the help a2themfk
AO Member

Member car:

Black 159 ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by alba_159 View Post
All working now!

Just needed to disconnect the orange wire (ignition connection) and re-connect to the switched 12V supply for the cigarrete lighter.

The 'memory full' problem has gone; the phone synchronises properly and says 'Goodbye' when i switch the car off.

Thanks for the help a2themfk
No worries
AO Member

County: Tyne and Wear
Garage

Member car:

159 1.9 Jtdm

sorry to bring a post back from the dead lol. i have the same issue, i have just bought a 159 1.9 57 reg and i have a parrot ck3000 evo and need a switched 12v supply. i have found cig 12v switched and will be splicing for my sat nav/ micro usb power so will run a feed off for parrot. my question is: Did i have to remove the orange cable from the grey iso plugs then splice them into the feed from cig or do i just leave everything connected and splice into orange wire of parrot (grey iso plugs)? Also there's 2 orange wires, i running from the grey plug that connects to car iso to the grey plug that attaches to the head unit, there's another orange wire thats connected on the plug closest to the cars iso plug and this runs to a thicker wire then onto the parrot (i presume this is the power)

Thanks in advance just never had to do this with same parrot for 156 and 147 that i had

Thanks

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 , alfa , ck3100 , parrot

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page