The definitive diesel remap, EGR/DPF delete thread - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 6Likes

County: Buckinghamshire
Name of company: Pro Alfa
Your car and engine: 159 ti 1.9 jtdm
Work done: EGR/DPF/REMAP
Price paid: 600
Gains: Now 198.4PS 324lb ft
Problems: "Check Engine" fault on but fixed no questions with car collected and delivered to my work (in Watford)
Overall experience: Fantastic, knowledgeable and friendly staff, little things like a bulb replaced for free and rear pads done at more or less cost at the same time. Car an absolute dream now, minimal lag, no hesitation and goes like a rocket. Slight increase in smoke but only under hard acceleration (so after every corner!). I will be going back to them and would recommend to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Lancashire
I'd love to get this done but I cant warrant spending 700 for the full bifta on a car only worth 2.5 - 3k. It will probably be too much for the clutch/DMF as well as my cars done 104k now ... so that'll be another 1k on top !!
AO Member

County: Durham
Name of company: JD tuning

Your car and engine: 1.9 JTDm GT

Work done: Remap + EGR delete

Price paid: 170

Gains: Claimed 182bhp
Power comes in much lower in the rev range and is very noticeable completely transforms car,a lot smoother acceleration
Just done a 1100 mile journey and can honestly say what a pleasure to have the extra power.
AO Member

County: West Yorkshire
Name of company: Jam's Auto
Your car and engine: Alfa 159 2.4Jtdm
Work done: Remap , EGR delete and DPF removal
Price paid: 500
Gains: app. 240-255 bhp, Didn't have a rolling road done
Problems: None
Overall experience: It's been over 6 months since I got the car remapped etc and can I say what a massive difference. The chap who carried the work out is an absolute top lad. Talked me through and told me about the benefits and boy was he right. Previous to this, my car was always going into limp mode and after careful consideration I decided to get the work done. Car drives like a dream and not a single problem as of yet. Since then I have done a few more tweaks like the Decat, turbo booster etc and now hitting about 270-280 bhp. Money well spent!!
AO Silver Member

County: Wrexham
Garage
Thumbs Up

Name of company: ZI Motorsport

Your car and engine: Alfa Spider 2.4 200

Work done: Performance remap and DPF removal

Price paid: 360 inc.

Gains: Apx 45bhp and 70NM torques

Problems: None yet, only got car back today

Overall experience: good friendly service, head Map writer used to work for Alfa so we had a good 45 minute conversation about the 20v lump and it's capabilities....
AO Silver Member

County: Wrexham
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sHeBz View Post
. Since then I have done a few more tweaks like the Decat, turbo booster etc and now hitting about 270-280 bhp. Money well spent!!
What did you do to turbo boost? And where did you et the decat pipe from?
I have the 200 engine, but in a spider, and I'm looking at replacing the back boxes with "longlife" boxes to give a nice, well nicer, sound...
AO Member

County: Leicestershire
I'm looking at getting mine done by Intaservices in Leicester, was quoted 175 for a remap + EGR Delete + blank. This sounds very good, has anyone used them before?
AO Member

County: North Yorkshire
Anyone know of a good company in York/Yorkshire area for dpf/egr work ??????
AO Silver Member

County: Toliman
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YMC159 View Post
Anyone know of a good company in York/Yorkshire area for dpf/egr work ??????
JJB in York - he uses the Alfatune map (and excellent it is too )
AO Member

County: -
Can anyone recommend a company in Lancashire?
I'm aiming to pay around the 350 mark, think Alfatune are too expensive @ 700 when Angel in Banbury does this for much less.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidler View Post
Can anyone recommend a company in Lancashire?
I'm aiming to pay around the 350 mark, think Alfatune are too expensive @ 700 when Angel in Banbury does this for much less.
You get what you pay for !

You know with Alfatune you'll get a highly refined developed remap with none of the smoke issues associated with the bargain basement remaps.
Gus writes, develops and tests the maps himself before releasing them and doesn't use a generic map bought from a third party.
AO Member

sorry new to this forum, I've just bought an Alfa 159 JTDm last week and going to hand back my company car at the end of the month.

I feel the car lacks a little engine flexibility, it's probably down to the weight of the car.

Does anyone have an Angel map with smoking issues?
AO Silver Member

Quote:
sorry new to this forum, I've just bought an Alfa 159 JTDm last week and going to hand back my company car at the end of the month.

I feel the car lacks a little engine flexibility, it's probably down to the weight of the car.

Does anyone have an Angel map with smoking issues?
There are threads on here that explain this quite eloquently.

Down to the point of Angle having to send someone out to basically detune to get it through the smoke test, this included turning the EGR valve back on.

Needless to say this member took his car to have a Alfatune map installed.
AO Member

County: Zürich
Angel maps are utter ****. get a proper map, Alfatune or AHM, anything else is not worth paying for.

Last edited by paintergirl; 11-07-14 at 13:57. Reason: We have a swear filter, so as not to cause offence. Please use it!
AO Member

Thanks for the advice. think I need to search the forums some more before I go ahead and get this done.
AO Member

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. think I need to search the forums some more before I go ahead and get this done.
Trust me no need to search more.
AO Member

Well I was searching to see what the results would be with just a remap and leave the egr and dpf in place.
I rang Gus at alfatune and its around 360 for just the remap. I might just go with that. Can't justify spending 700 on a second hand vehicle.
I opted out of the company car scheme to save money.
I still have my Audi at the moment and the difference is night and day. The Audi has more zip, more usable power. Just want to get the Alfa on par or near enough
AO Member

Quote:
Well I was searching to see what the results would be with just a remap and leave the egr and dpf in place.
I rang Gus at alfatune and its around 360 for just the remap. I might just go with that. Can't justify spending 700 on a second hand vehicle.
I opted out of the company car scheme to save money.
I still have my Audi at the moment and the difference is night and day. The Audi has more zip, more usable power. Just want to get the Alfa on par or near enough
You will probably save the extra 340pounds in fuel savings if you do the DPF and EGR delete. You will have much better fuel economy and long term savings in terms of durability. If you dont want to spend money it would be better to leave it as is as a remap and DPF are not good friends.
AO Member

Good advice. Hmm. You've left me with a quandary. I think you're right, i'll leave it as is for now and see if I can get used to the power delivery.
Thanks very much for your input, it's much appreciated

This forum is dangerous. Let me see what else i can go and fiddle with.
Think I'll go and install some HIDs in the meantime. Got an itch i need to scratch
AO Silver Member

County: Buckinghamshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by coxy1 View Post
There are threads on here that explain this quite eloquently.

Down to the point of Angle having to send someone out to basically detune to get it through the smoke test, this included turning the EGR valve back on.

Needless to say this member took his car to have a Alfatune map installed.
This member is very glad indeed he did get Adie to re-remap it too ---- cheers Coxy , I definitely ought to have spent the money in the right place first time
AO Member

County: Berkshire
Not sure about HIDs personally but each to their own.

I couldn't get used to the lack of power when I swapped my Vectra VXR for a 2.4 Jtdm. After a year I took the plunge and the difference is ASTONISHING! Best 700 sobs I've ever spent. Plus, I get almost 100 miles more per tank. No brainer in my book. And I'm about to sell the DPF too!

Do it mate, do it!
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goram View Post
Not sure about HIDs personally but each to their own.

I couldn't get used to the lack of power when I swapped my Vectra VXR for a 2.4 Jtdm. After a year I took the plunge and the difference is ASTONISHING! Best 700 sobs I've ever spent. Plus, I get almost 100 miles more per tank. No brainer in my book. And I'm about to sell the DPF too!

Do it mate, do it!
Vectra vxr what an awsome machine!
AO Silver Member

Angel have detractors on here - a lot of it is down to lost business from competitors.

Had 2 cars mapped by Angel and a DPF remove, no issue whatsoever bar a little smoke on startup. I'm sure plenty of others are happy with Angel but the detractors on forums seem to make the most noise.

Just dont ask about tyres whatever you do !
AO Member

I've done a lot more reading after posting on here and I see exactly what you mean. I think I'll ponder this some more. I am certainly not going to spend 700. I rang JJB and they quoted more or less the same.
I'm going to log how many positives and negatives there are for each supplier as this is very subjective. There are positive comments for alfatune, celtic, motortech in Birmingham etc. I will go with whoever gives decent value and has a decent percentage of positive feedback

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
definitive , delete , diesel , egr or dpf , remap , thread