Upgraded my dip beam bulbs! - Page 6 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Silver Member
County: Greater Manchester
Originally Posted by sargent View Post
Guys, driving back from the gym earlier, i got a CANBUS error from my drivers side RING light....

Anyone else got one?

The msg said 'CHECK FRONT RIGHT SIDE BULB' (or something like that).. and the diagram showed the dipped beam. Yet both bulbs working fine

Any ideas? :S
As you were coming back from the gym, the car had obviously decided that you hadn't got quite enough exercise, and decided to make you run round the car looking for blown lights...

Seriously, I get this very occasionally. A message and a pretty picture, but no actual blown lights
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: West Midlands

Member car:

159 1.9JTDM

Just ordered a set of HID as per the other forum.

So will yank these out soon
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTDm

would just like to put this out there for those want the osrams, very cheap set here only 12.85.

think im going o buy a set as everyone all over this forums seem to think they are awesome. I want to compare them to the cheap versions I bought which produce a white light with a blue tinge.
AO Member
County: Cork
Dont want to start another thread but i have a problem where my drivers side dim bulb keeps blowing every couple of weeks - anyone got any ideas ?
AO Member
County: Western Australia
Originally Posted by perksy View Post
Made me actually laugh out loud - I know exactly what you mean.

I just finished doing just that!
My first attempt was a failure with removing the original lamps and unable to fit the new LED filaments due to needing to be Houdini to install them. I got a good mirror and light, studied how the lamps are retained. As the lamp retaining clips stay in place after removing the original lamps. I figured there must be a way they click into place. I awkwardly pushed the LED unit until it landed out firmly with no offset or rocking. Once I repositioned my fingers to enable me to rotate the LED unit, I rotated until it quietly clicked into place. This surprised the **** out of me as the previous day I had spent the best part of 2 hrs trying to work out how to fit them and aimlessly trying.
Note that this is with LED/Ballast unit, not just a lamp alone, best of luck if you try to just fit that!
I now have ^k HIDs as headlights and LEDs as main beam, really happy with the result with excellent night driving now.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

beam , bulbs , dip , upgraded