having cold start
issues on 159
Join Date: Nov 2011
County: Zuid Holland
quite a list you have there!
1. can you hear this in every gear? maybe it is a synchron (or whatever is it called in UK) in the gearbox because I have the similar 'siren-in-the-distance) pitched noise and my dealer said it is in the gearbox. nothing to worry about if it does not get worse. could drive like this for years. if you are sure it is the turbo, then try to diagnose if you loose boost during acceleration or if you have an oil leakage on connecting pipes.
2. have no idea, never happened on mine.
3. i have the same, though it is far less now. i was diagnosed with dirty injectors and badly clogged egr valve. egr i've cleaned myself, it very easy job. as for injectors, i've used wynn's diesel treatment. one bottle on one quarter of the fuel tank, and another bottle on full tank. it is far better, but still, when i'll have the time injectors will have to get cleaned and serviced.
4. mine idles rough only for a max 10 secs, then it is fine until cold again. maybe related to nr. 3?
5. this electrical click as you cal it might be the 'play' developed on the steering rack. juddering is related to the steering pump. if steering rack has play, this should be fixed because of safety. slight juddering and fluid can remain as it is until and if it develops a distinctive whine. if that happens, you should change the fluid to green.
this is my humble opinion made from experience through the years. be cautious and search second opinion if not sure about something.
P.S. - i also have vibrating driver side mirror. wonder what that is and if there is an easy fix. i do not want to by new one as it is quite expensive.