Telephone system - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 20-01-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: North Lanarkshire

Member car:

159 2.0JTDM TI

Telephone system

Having replaced my interior lights today, upgrading to led I noticed that the microphone for the phone system is at the other side, has anyone re sited the microphone any where else in the light panel? I noted the groves that allow speach are only open at one end!! Any suggestions welcome please.......👍
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Hertfordshire
Some say it works fine on the left, others will say it is crap (me). I use a Parrot and am very pleased with it.
(Post Link) post #3 of 7 Old 21-01-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: North Lanarkshire

Member car:

159 2.0JTDM TI

Yes I had a parrot in my last car, no probs with it, callers report that I sound far away!! Not sure if there is any remedy for it tbh..... Hoping someone has an option. Thx for the response anyway cheers
County: North Yorkshire

Member car:

159 ti

Cheese Telephone

I have the same problem with "reported as being far away" when answering calls, but can hear caller very clearly.......not good given all you hear about how good the system is...

Not made the same mistake with petrol mind that was funny to read catch up with you soon Bro!

The microphone is set up for LHD and because it sits in a "tunnel" it makes it directional, cutting out extraneous noise and making it perfect for your passenger to hold phone conversations. Rubbish when the driver speaks however.
I think if you go back far enough in Search you will find a thread about someone with a Brera who repositioned the microphone by turning it 180 degrees and making it much more efficient. I can't remember how much was involved but seem to recall that the wires are either short or fragile.
AO Member
County: -
You can fit it on the other side of the interior light unit, you'll need to cut a bit out though since there's a blanking piece but once the unit's back in the headlining you won't notice aslongs you're careful.
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 17
County: West Yorkshire
Had a conversation with wifey using built in hands free tonight and she says i sound exactly the same as when i speak to her on hands free in our 3 series, which is clear but not like my mouth is right next to the microhone.

Dont think this helps other than to highlight that when on handsfree you are far away from the mic, so unless you talk louder to compensate you'll sound quieter.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

system , telephone