long story short....put £250 deposit on it
i took it for a test drive (which included taking it to my mechanic
) got the mechanic to probe it...agreed £5400, with no warrantywise cover (worth £120 according to dealer). picking up on friday.
I phoned the previous garage that serviced it (@ 73k in november), they did following:
service including all filters and oil
- New N/S lower wishbone
- New springs fitted all round (has got new springs on, but not sure why it was done?)
and ended they ended the convo with "it really should have a cam belt done now"
results from my garage are as follows:
- rear tyre worn out
- rear left wheel doesnt spin as freely as rear right
- rear left disc has a strange scored deep ridge in it
- light corrosion on whole front subframe (still solid, just looks all rusty, my mechanic wasn't concerned by it)
- A/C doesnt work (no gas in system)
- when starting from cold, takes two attempt sometimes, from warm all good.
- On idle when warm, every 30 seconds or so the engine "judders" a little
- Head gasket is fine
- Drives smooth, pulls smoothly like a tank in all gears
Current plan of action:
- Dealer replacing two rear tyres
- Going into my garage on monday for Cam belt etc. ~£450
- Get A/C re-gassed and leak checked by kwik fit on sat
- Order up a set of rear discs & pads (any recommendations?), change them after my final exam on 27/01
- Change plugs?
Any pointers? or just press on?
EDIT: what is "swirl valve rods"....*goes and uses search...*