Spider Remapp and DPF removal. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 17-01-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Spider Remapp and DPF removal.

Reading with interest the threads relating to this. Hope the following helps....

Last October purchased a 2008 Spider 2.4 diesel with 24,000 miles on the clock. I had owned it about a month but was, quite frankly, disappointed with the performance. I drive other diesels and this lacked performance, and in particular, bottom end torque. This resulted in having to constantly work up and down the gears to get any sort of performance. It was not particularly economical either; a further let down.

After reading the numerous forum threads I had it remapped and the DPF removed through Proalfa in Watford. Total cost was 450 which include 50 for their rolling road analysis. On collecting the vehicle, Proalfa told me that the BHP had gone up from about 180 to around 215.

Anyway, the simple point I think I need to make is that further discussion is I am afraid utterly futile - you can stop discussing and contemplating . Get this done. Get it done now.

Prior to the work mpg was about 33. Driving now on my same routes it is around 43! On my recent trip to Scotland it averaged 47. It is effortless through the gears loads of torque, quieter, smoother. Infact as it should be - a proper turbo charged diesel.

I now have something that is an absolute motoring rarity. A 2 seater convertible, packed with goodies, stunning looks, fantastic performance and 43 miles to the gallon.

In the first instance when going for the Spider I was unsure whether to go for the 3.2 with the Sat Nav and Bose, but I am sorry, even though I am in a position to be able to buy fuel, I am not owning a car where the fuel consumption is not much more than 14 miles to the gallon. That is madness.

In a later thread I will give more details regarding the ICE upgrade done on the car which involved putting in a Kenwood double din bluetooth/ipod/sat nav unit along with speakers upgrade and a sub speaker under the passenger seat. This gives me all of the extras and more you get in the 3.2, but only one visit for fuel whilst the average 3.2 owner will be doing three.

However, that is another thread. In the meantime, book you 2.4 diesel in for a remapp
Sponsored Links
County: Hertfordshire
Glad you enjoyed the results.

Our records show that the bhp gain was just over 47bhp on your vehicle, but the torque gained was even more impressive. We went from an initial reading of 313.8 ft-lb to 387.5 ft-lb, and a much smoother power curve to boot! It all makes for a very rewarding driving experience.

The improved fuel consumption is certainly icing on the cake.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

dpf , remapp , removal , spider