159 - removing interior rear view mirror - how? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 14-01-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

159 - removing interior rear view mirror - how?

Could someone please provide some info on how to remove the rear view mirror? Please see attached drawing from eLearn, any clue how to remove the part surround (1) and what it meant by the description in step (2)?

The area of the windscreen in front of rain sensor seems to need some cleaning as its fogged up.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear-mirror.JPG (45.3 KB, 139 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Montenegro - Crna Gora
Quote:
Originally Posted by colins View Post
Could someone please provide some info on how to remove the rear view mirror? Please see attached drawing from eLearn, any clue how to remove the part surround (1) and what it meant by the description in step (2)?

The area of the windscreen in front of rain sensor seems to need some cleaning as its fogged up.

Thanks in advance.
!bump, I would need some instructions too. Please Help !
AO Silver Member

County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

159 2.4 Lusso

is this covered in the auto wipers delete sticky thread?

AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
is this covered in the auto wipers delete sticky thread?
Thank You for your help, but in the "auto wipers" thred is not explained how to take off the mirror, just how to disconect it from the ECU.... I readed somwhere that the auto dim mirror has a different mounting location than the normal mirror, whitch sucks ! Will update asap as I get some more info.
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
I seem to remember that the cover slides (up or down?)
AO Member

Yes thank you for the info. I menaged to take off the in. mirror last night. Its fair easy > first off you need to take the rear cover off (with some flathead small screwdrivers) than you need to slide "DOWN" the mirror it self and it will come down. To instal the new rear view mirror, or put back the old one, you just go the opposite way, so to mount it you need to slide it from dwn to up.

It is confirmed the dimming rear view mirror with sensors needs to be mounted 4-5cm higher. Also if you are doing the retrofit on a windscreen that dont come ctock with the upgraded rear view mirror, you need to make some kinde od black foil to cover the mirror instalation.

Now from my prospective there are 2 ways to mount the new mirror, get a new bracket and mount it a bit higher, or take off the curent bracket somehow, and glue it higher.

Will post the resoult.

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fsgfhr.jpg (240.5 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg gsdgerge.jpg (26.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg asasas.jpg (208.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg viber image.jpg (227.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg dasghshsfj.jpg (219.4 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by b0j4n; 15-08-16 at 06:18.
AO Member

County: Netherland
Garage
Thank you for the pictures.

Do you know if the cables needed for connecting up the automatic rearview mirror + rain sensor are present on cars which have the standard rearview mirror?
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMS159 View Post
Thank you for the pictures.

Do you know if the cables needed for connecting up the automatic rearview mirror + rain sensor are present on cars which have the standard rearview mirror?
Mine has all necessary connections (you will be needing just 1, the white one), and it came with standard mirror, now I cant garanty that all 159 have the necessary connection. (youll finde a connection after remouving the front light cluster). Ill make more dital pictures when Ill grab some time to deal with it.

Now I must fabricate a new mounting bracket, becouse the new mirror needs to be mounted 4-5cm higher. Checked on local scrapjards no 1 has a necesary bracket. Hopefully it is not so hart to manufacture. Cheers

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 , interior , mirror , rear , removing , view

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page