Auto Italia magazine - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Club Member
Membro Medio
Club Member Number: 1405
County: West Yorkshire
Originally Posted by Alfred Rowmero View Post
Are these opinions on the stock car or after Alfatune have been involved? If been looking for a 2.4 but wondering now after the write up mentions understeer
Don't worry about too much understeer on a 2.4 as they drive very nicely. You may even regret not going for the 2.4 as it's alway nice to have a bit of power 'on tap' when you want it. When Alfatune remapped my car I actually found that I have less understeer as the power is much smoother and more controllable...

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Riga

Member car:

Originally Posted by breramark View Post
Just a personal view here, but with a non tuned brera, I would have to drive it like a lunatic to experience the understeer. Not saying it doesn't exhibit it, it's just not an issue I have noticed.
Another personal view is that we spend too much time listening to and reading stuff from overgrown anally retentive schoolboys like those on Top Gear etc and worry about issues they experience throwing a car round an airfield. WTF??? When do you do that? Flooring the 2.4 Brera in the right circumstances feels and sounds like nothing else, and I don't really care whether I'm going to beat a Scirocco or audi round the ring road or a test track for that matter.
I'd suggest this entry in a second should there be a "post of the month" contest on this site. Another example of nowadays nonsense auto journalists generate is a few cubic cm difference of luggage compartment volume comparing 2 cars. Based on this, certain cars (mostly with vw logo) get more points and win the tests.
AO Silver Member
County: West Sussex
Originally Posted by GroovyBoovy View Post
Have seen it my local newsagents.

I'll save you all the bother of reading it, it states that the 2.4 lusso is the 1 to get, preferably a 57 plate in black
Excellent, I bought exactly one of those in sportwagon guise yesterday

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

auto , italia , magazine