Spider Convertible 2.4 Diesel Remapping - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 14-11-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Spider Convertible 2.4 Diesel Remapping

Just taken ownership of a 2007 diesel convertible and love it to bits. Have joined the forum and trawled through many of the postings, clearly, the perceived wisdom is that the 2.4 diesel should be remapped. Am I right in assuming that it will improve both performance and economy? Is it also the case that the EGR and DPF should be removed at the same time in order to get the full benefit?

My other question is where to get this done? I am based in Bedfordshire, though I am more than happy to travel to ensure it is done properly. Names banded about on the forum seem to be Motormech, Angel. Any other recommendations?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Cambridgeshire
Hi H4lfc and welcome to the forum.
To get the best from these engines, the DPF delete and remap is definately advisable. I had mine done at AHM in Hampshire (Adie is the man!!) but its not cheap, although AHM's maps are custom and you can talk to him about what you would want. I had mine for more torque mid range as I tow a caravan. Since having mine done over a year ago, it has near enough paid for itself as I do a lot of mileage and the power gains and MPG improvement are fantastic.

Had an MOT since also and it sailed through.

Nearer to you is AutoLusso - not sure what service they offer on DPF's and remaps but I've had my timing belt and air con done there and they are a great bunch - ask for Ned.

Its also worth looking through the forums and search for 'Remap' or 'DPF' and you'll see how many have had this done. Some others on here have had the cheaper option with people like Angel and Motormech and have had issues (not all) so sometimes you do get what you pay for. AHM cost me around 700 in all but worth it.

Enjoy your car

Last edited by lanceshaw; 14-11-11 at 08:28. Reason: spelling
AO Gold Member
If youre happy with the performance and do enough miles to keep the DPF happy - leave it standard unless it starts playing up.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

convertible , diesel , remapping , spider