159 rear seat removal - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 14-11-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
159 rear seat removal

Need advice on how to remove the 159's rear seat.

There has been some clicking knocking noise whenever the car goes over bumps and I found out that one of the seat's rear hook wasn't being hooked properly and the seat seems to have a see-saw effect.

I have been trying to get the seat removed by following the guide from eLearn (attached) but I can't seems to be able to lift the seat high enough to get a clearance to release the retainers(1b) or even "feel" where the retainers are.

I'd appreciate if someone could please share how it should be properly done. Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear-seat-remove.JPG (45.2 KB, 222 views)
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Angus

Member car:

gtv v6 & 159 ti

Rear seat removal!

Bump! How much force is required to remove the seats? Iv tried pulling as hard as i can with no joy, a crowbar is my next step but bit worried i break something else?
AO Member
County: Bielsko-Biala
I tried to make a tool to be able to squeeze front and rear locks in plastic retainers, but no luck - poor access -not enough slack to see or access anything. I used crowbar at the end, and it was not easy - around 10 mintues of struggle, a lot of sweat and cursing... Old retainers were then completely damaged (white parts fell down, needed long tweezers to remove them so they won't rattle inside body).
I bought new retainers (cost like EUR7 for pair), fitted them, but no longer the seat was perfectly tied - I guess these metal hooks for plastic clips of retainers sticking out of the seat get bend because of force generated through crowbar, and the seat got too much slack this time. After a few weeks I need to remove again the seat (I was replacing standard H7 lights for original xenon headlamps & adding levelling that required to create new wiring looms(I was not the lucky one, I didn't have these)), and this time straight I used crowbar, in 1 minute got seat out. I didn't buy new plastic retainers - seat is just placed and locked by the other brackets/hooks (2a-d on eLearn snapshots), I only wrapped with the tape 1b hooks, so they won't be scratching through metal under the seat. All is good I'd say, no noises so I've forgot about this until today seeing new post about rear seat removal.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , rear , removal , seat