First 6 months with 159 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 13-11-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Aberdeen

Member car:

BMW 320D Msport

First 6 months with 159

After owning three 156s over a 7 year period (which I loved) earlier this year I bought an 08 159 1.9JTDM Lusso with 25000 miles. My thoughts so far,

The 159 build quality and refinement is so much better than the 156. It feels like it's a size bigger to drive and is more comfortable with the best seats I've ever experienced.

Initially at least, the 159 did not feel as enjoyable to drive as the 156. It's grown on me over the last few months and I suppose the performance is ok. From what I've read a remap/DPF removal could really improve things.

As many others have commented the fuel consumption is not great for a diesel. On a 40 mile round trip to work mainly on fast A/B roads I'm getting around 42MPG. My old 156 2.0 JTS petrol managed 36MPG on the same journey. Again maybe a remap will help.

As with all my previous Alfas it's been 100% reliable so far.

Overall I'm glad I bought the 159. My other option was a GT which although looks fantastic and is good to drive, I did not feel was a step forward from the 156 as it's from the same generation. Hope this helps anyone thinking about a 159.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -
Thank you, it did! I used to own a 156 2.4 JTDm which was re-mapped and I'm looking for a 159 now after a couple of years out driving Audi A6's. The Audi seats are killing me, and the latest A6 is a dog to drive. So, 159 1.9JTDm looks like the trick, but struggling to find what I want.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , months