I agree with most of the comments on here but with respect to the poor finish and quality, I'm referring to:
- The centre console side panel trim - the bit between your lower part of your left leg and the centre console - its a horrible hard cheap plastic and when you press it (or knock it) it creaks like mad
- When you lift the bonnet up and feel around the side edges of the 'hood' its all rough and unfinished.
- Take a look under the steering wheel column - there is a hole exposing the 'innerds' of the dash with a flimsy peice of loose leatherrette and velcro 'trying' to hide it
- The underside top of the boot isn't lined at all
- In the rear footwells, there are a couple of flimsy covers held on by cheap plastic caps that come off when you have anyone accidentally knock it which isn't hard! It then exposes numerous relays.
- The centre armrest panel trim is terrible (fixed rear seats in saloon only) - not even attempted to be finished properly!
- The exterior door handles are made of plastic!!! My 147 and even cars like the cheap Fiat 500 have solid robust feeling aluminium ones!
- Then there is the quality of the door trims and dash board which is much thinner guage and more shiny than the GT/147's
Personally, I have no doubt the quality of the 159 doesn't match the 147 in particular but on an engineering persipective with the way the thing drives, then the 159 wins hands down.
What I also love about it is it doesn't feel like a big car too and finally we have a modern Alfa that can actually have a decent turning lock!!!