My lovely fully electric seat is on the blink and I had it in to my local specialist last week for a looksey and they couldn't find the problem.
I buried my head in the sand a bit about this a bit and haven't driven the car for a week but today I had a right good faff with it.
I put the seat up to it's maximum height (the headrest touches the glass on the skyview it goes up that far) moved it forwards and backwards a bit and then pressed the memory buttons and lo and behold it's bloody working...
I have no idea what is causing this intermittent failure but it's a pain in the ass, I dunno how you guys without leccy seats can cope getting in and out in cramped spaces, do you move your seat back at all?
Anyway, hope it stays fixed for a bit now.
Oddly though it looks like someone has been at it before in the past as the plastic bit that covers the seat frame on the drivers side isn't fitted properly, there is a metal bar in the shape of an upside down U that the plastic bit should hook over to keep it held tight against the seat but it isn't and it looks like someone has had part of the seat back off in the past on the same side as well.
It was like this before I took it in last week, so I think it's either the original owner or the garage I bought it off.
Anyway, thanks go to the guy who posted up the brera elearn the other day as I might be able to fix all that myself with its help.
I'll keep this thread updated purely about the seat.