sick of just washing my alfa - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 26-10-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Victoria
sick of just washing my alfa

hi guys back again i needed a rest from it so as not to have to fix a broken windscreen lol. my friends are starting to say nice garden ornament . but a sexy one at that. now to refreash you all. i'll start from scratch.

2009 2.4 jtdm 159.

whist driving just stoped and wouldn't fire starter motor turning fine, towed home checked it on laptop and error code p0355 crank sensor. ordered new sensor from germany waited 3 weeks for it changed it and still the same errror code remains. clearede code and still comes back ordered elearn cd for 159 waited again whole waiting did some checking of my own, the diesal is getting to the pump on side of motor but not getting to common rail have checked solinod on side of pump on the bench it worked fine. motor has only done 46,000 km have tried easy start into air cleaner and starts first go. so something is stoping diesal geting into cynlinders even tried loosening injector pipes in case of an airlock . checked elearn 159 " engine not starting starter motor working" and it appears that car should start even with p0355 errror code i'm confused as hell
checked both crank sensors that i have both still show to be magnetic checked ohms on mutimeter and both showing same resitrance .146 the new one i ordered turned out to be second hand so have ordered a new one just have to wait for it to arrive. cheers guys lucky the 159 is a fine machine or i would of pushed it over a cliff by now
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Gauteng

Member car:

GTV 2.8 Turbo

AO Member
County: Baden-Württemberg
Originally Posted by sleek View Post
2009 2.4 jtdm 159.

whist driving just stoped and wouldn't fire starter motor turning fine, towed home checked it on laptop and error code p0355 crank sensor.
hi sllek,
just to be sure you mean p0335 not p0355.
o.k. if you checked already the wiring and crankshaft sensor you have to check a second sensor at the outlet-camshaft. check sensor, wiring and plug. If that's o.k. too, check timing belt tension and the markings (crankshaft to camshaft). check timing belt pulley from camshaft is thigten.
Hope you find something.

cheers tomsa
AO Member
County: Hampshire

Member car:

any resolution on this one?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

alfa , sick , washing