cig light fuse blown but still works...
My 2010 159 has some weird problem.
It only has 1 charging hole which is the cig lighter jack in the center arm rest.
Initially I can heat up the cig lighter and it becomes real hot (as it should) to heat up the cigarette.
But when I put in iPhone, the fuse blows up (that is what the dealer told me and charged me $20 to replace the fuse), and cig lighter does not get hot enough. It gets hot, but not pink/red hot and I cannot light the cigarette.
Here is the weird thing, after the fuse is blown (according to the dealers words) if I put any
electrical device into the jack, it actually charged the iphone / electrical device.
But it does not make the cig lighter hot enough...
Is this normal? If the fuse is blown for the cig jack, how would it charge the devices?
And is it safe to keep charging the device in this fuse blown hole? Will it cause more problems?
Please help me....