I have been in the UK for almost five years. Moving from Italy to London was difficult, but even more difficult had been selling my last car
So... After 5 years without it I have decided to make the big step. Giving away money to feed an eager insurance company and start driving in the uk.
I bought a second hand 159. Stromboli gray. What a beauty. There is still something left in my country to be proud of
It was with extreme surprise that I found the bluetooth working in the car. Bear in mind I have been totally disinterested in cars for the last 5 years as I could not afford one. So I googled "159 bluetooth" and come to know that I had something called blue&me.
It works but, alas, not properly. I really hope someone can shed some light on it.
1) I can connect my phone. I can import the phonebook. Make a call. Here comes the interesting part. I cannot hear a thing!!!! and I can't be heard either.
2) reading here and there I found the "external audio" . It was set on 20. Tried to touch it and it jumped to 40. Then I jumped off my seat. It boosted the current source in (the radio) to the maximum. Is that normal? But in the end nothing happened to the real external source (if any).
3) I plugged a usb stick with some mp3. No media player in the menu. Only the usual setting, phonebook, last calls....
4) I have unplugged the battery. No result. (err... actually one, I've lost the date)
5) finally I have downloaded the 5.5 update. Put on the usb drive... follow the instruction... nothing on the display.
6) as you can see, I have been reading lots of threads here
It seems I have blueandme. Don't know which version,though. I have a usb port in the gloves box and another behind the stereo (yes I opened it). The phone works and I can make call, but no audio at all. I am an IT so quite willing to take the blue&me apart and out of the car if I need to, but I need somewhere to start... It's all very confusing... please HELP!
ps. AA insurance on electrical parts. I have been told it doesn't cover the bluetooth. Is that true?