159 2.0 JTDm DPF, EGR and remap - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
159 2.0 JTDm DPF, EGR and remap

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone has had the mods done to the 2.0 JTDm 170bhp engine at all? If so, what are your opinions of it? I'm considering getting this done when the car is out of warranty but I'm a little concerned on wear on the transmission especially as I tow a fair amount.

What really annoys me about this engine (and the reason for considering the mod) is that the engine bogs down really bad when you come off the clutch anything remotely fast! (my 1.9 147 was nothing like this engine!). You seem to always have to slip the clutch and blip the throttle.
I was wondering if this is down to the DPF rubbish and whether a remap and the EGR/DPF deletion will fix this.

Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Cheshire
Don't know - but let us know how you get on
Sorry I should have added I love the engine and am happy with the amount of get up and go it has (even though it doesn't feel as fast as it is) but I just dislike the sluggishness it has around town and below 2k rpm.

So basically I'm not after a power hike really I just want it to perform better lower down.
AO Member
County: North Lanarkshire

Member car:

159 Ti

It's the wear on the transmission I'm worried about too, I've read the 1.9's clutch etc is rated for what it puts out at stock, not sure about 2l? but I'd be interested to know too!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , dpf , egr , jtdm , remap