Getting a Brera next week - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 09-09-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Wrexham

Member car:

alfa 156

Getting a Brera next week

Hello all

I had trouble trying to sell my Porsche Boxster so i'm part exchanging it for a 2.2 JTS Brera next week. I did'nt notice any hesitation with the Brera when I had a test drive and although the car drove ok I am thinking of having it remapped and getting a performance air filter. Is the Autodelta/Mangoletsi remap just for curing the hesitancy problems or is it a performance mod as well? or is there another remap that is better? Two more questions. is the Mangoletsi filter (Mod 4?) the best to use or is an Autodelta filter better?, or has anyone mix and matched remaps with a competitors air filter? I am in North Wales and don't mind travelling to get the mods done and any experience of remapping and the best place to get it done would be very helpful.

Regards Chris

Last edited by brerachris; 09-09-11 at 13:59.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Armagh

Member car:

Giulietta QV

The Mod 4 from Mangos is not a remap, and word around here suggests it is best avoided. Try Gus at Alfa tune or Angel tuning for a proper remap on the 2.2.
AO Member
County: Nottinghamshire
I've got the Mango Mod 4 and would recommend you to have it done. It makes it sound so much better and helps the engine breath better. Also, it would give you a bit more when you have a remap. I've heard that Autodelta developed their remap in conjunction with the supercharger kit they offer, so will be reliable.
Finally, I have tried lots of fuel brands in My 2.2 jts and can confirm that Tesco 99 momentum is by far the best and cost effective.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

brera , week