Replacing door-limiter & rear wiper - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 03-08-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Østfold

Member car:

Replacing door-limiter & rear wiper

Hey guys, I was thinking Id use the evening to change the parts mentioned in the topic.
My 159 SW is a 2007-model, and at a glance Id say its still got its original rear wiper on...

Rear wiper first then: Ive flipped open the plastic cap, removed the nut holding the wiper arm on..and well...its totally stuck! Any tips on removing the wiper? Does it take some special tool? (Ive tried spraying some WD-40 on it, but it didnt help much)

Secondly: My drivers-side doorstop/doorlimiter makes this really irritating squeaky sound whenever I open/close the door. So its about time I replace it, any tips or guides on how to do this?
At first I thought it was as easy as removing the two screws fastening it to the door, then removing the two nuts hold it against the car. But the end attached to the car itself seems to way large to remove through the hole covered by the plastic gaiter.
So now Im thinking that I actually have to remove the wheel, remove the inner wheelarch, and gain access from there ?

So then.....all tips are very welcome! Good thing the sun is shining making it a pleasure fiddling with these things...
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Oxfordshire
see the attached from the e learn manual, download yourself a copy, its seriously useful
Attached Files
File Type: pdf rr wiper.pdf (53.3 KB, 71 views)
File Type: pdf door strap.pdf (59.2 KB, 99 views)
AO Member
County: Derbyshire
Tip for rear wiper or for that matter any wiper stuck on its spindle! But at your own risk!!

A) liberal penetrating oil or wd40

B) Either use a very small puller and I never found one small enough to get under the lip of the wiper arm boss that surrounds the spindle OR

undo the nut holding the boss on the spindle, only loosen it until it is flush with the top of the threaded spindle. put some pressure on the boss by either a flatblade screwdriver under the boss or having folded the wiper arm back pulling on it fairly lightly then tap the face of the spindle AND securing nut with a nylon or hard rubber mallet. The small amount of play should shock the spindle out of the wiper boss. If you do damage the spindle thread (which with a light mallet you should not) then the nut will clean it up as you wind it off completely.

I've used this technique many times - good luck.
County: Kosicky

Member car:

159 JTDm 2007

Thumbs Up I have the same problem

Hi, Have the same problem here. I did not tried to dissasembly the door limiter. I have downloaded the service manual, but just like in the link of our friend here, it is shown only to unscrew the 4 bolts. Nothing there about the interior parts. Have you found a solution yet? Do you replaced only the plastic strap of the door limiter? I am asking thet because the noise seems metalic, i really think that it is comming from a bad lubrication of the interior parts. in my case all 4 dors squeek hard when i open them. Alfa 159 2007 1.9 jtdm. Thanks in advance to all of you
AO Member
County: Tyrone
Anybody changed their front door limiters / check straps? The elearn manual attached doesn't show the bit I'm wondering about - can the limiter be taken off from inside the car in round the foot well, or does the wheel arch liner need to be removed?

Last edited by damo_mc; 14-09-13 at 19:22.
AO Member
County: Tyrone
Looks like it can be accessed from in round the footwell OK, though haven't tried replacing them yet.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

doorlimiter , rear , replacing , wiper